Did you mean: 
mpatt123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Soundtouch 300 and subwoofer on the soundtouch app

Hi everyone this is my first post so please go easy on me

I have today purchased the sound touch 300 and base subwoofer

I cannot see the subwoofer anywhere on the app so im wondering is it even there as i want to see it for the settings?

Thanks in advance

19 REPLIES 19
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and subwoofer on the soundtouch app

Hi and welcome. 

I'm fairly certain that the Accoustimass Bass Module will NOT show up in the Soundtouch App.  The only settings you currently have to control the amount of bass are on the Bose remote itself.  I do however think it'd be nice if the app provided the ability to adjust the bass though, both from mobile and PC/Mac. 

Bosethusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Hello-

Using the Soundtouch app, go to settings, then, scroll down to speakers. You can manipulate the Acoustimass and invisible speakers from there..

mpatt123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

@Bosethusiast wrote:

Hello-

Using the Soundtouch app, go to settings, then, scroll down to speakers. You can manipulate the Acoustimass and invisible speakers from there..

Is this the point where you can turn them on or off?

jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

When I use the app and go through the steps described, I only see the Soundtouch 300.  The  Accoustimass module is not listed.

Markus
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi mpatt123,

had exactly the same question. At the shop where i bought the sound touch 300 as well as the subwoofer they told me that the subwoofer is not supposed to show up at the app - except the one setting of the sound touch 300 at the app to turn the subwoofer on and off....

But as usual - would be really customer friendly if someone from Bose could elaborate on this.....

Markus

Bosethusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Hello mpatt123-

Affirmative. I've had the ST300/AC300 and invisible speakers for about 2 months now. I've learned a lot just by reading comments here. This forum is valuable, though, there is some vitriol. I too experienced a problem with the ARC as I have a Samsung SUHD. But, Bose is working on a fix and the optical suffices for the time being. Hope you're enjoying your ST300. I am.

Best,

Bosethusiast

Markus
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi Bosethusiast,

are you saying you can see the subwoofer as a separate device like the soundtouch 300 or a soundtouch 20 at the soundtouch app?

Regards

Markus

Bosethusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Hello, Markus-

Apologies for the late response. No. The AM300 is a separate switch and the VI's are a separate switch. You can engage/disengage separately. 

Best regards,

monaro327
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

IF you want to increase or decrease bass you have to use the remote. Which is a bit frustrating as you will forget what it's set to in a month and if you want to make further adjustments you have to reset to default and tweak again. If Bose could move this to the app this would be great. along with some boost tweaks for the VI volume.