Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nionios
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Soundtouch 300 background sounds too high

Hi i have a soundtouch 300 for almost a year now and i haven't yet solved the problem that soundbar sounds too sharp in certain sounds and muffled.Especially when people clap their hands or an object is placed in a table or footsteps.The biggest problem is that in quiet scenes in a movie the sounds from the background-environment sounds too high and dialogues more hard to hear.actually this gets even worse when i ran adaptiq than leave it at factory default.i have both the acoustimass 300 and the virtually invisible 300.i have it connected to an lg oled c8 and i mainly use cable box and netflix.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Re: Soundtouch 300 background sounds too high

Hello Nionios, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300. 

Have you tried enabling the Dialog mode on the soundbar? This adjusts the audible frequencies to ensure speech is heard more clearly against other sounds. To enable this, press the dialog mode button on the SoundTouch 300 remote control. The indicator on the soundbar will glow green when enabled. 

If you'd like to learn more about other great features for controlling sound on your soundbar, I'd recommend watching this video.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get back in touch. If any members of the community are having issues, please also feel free to join the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nionios
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Thanks for replying so fast.i know about the dialogue button and all the functions of the remote and the soundbar.i would like to say that i have tried both arc and optical and the results were the same.searching in the forum for similar problem i found this topic (odd sounds from footsteps) which describes my situation almost exactly.please answer me what was the solution to that problem;other users said that the problem was fixed with version 15 but came back at 16 and any further updates.

Nionios
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Can someone please give me an answer?it has been over a month and nothing.obviously there is something wrong with the digital signal processing.i found another topic exactly the same with my situation “autogain on soundbar 700” and no solution to that either.can i install ver.15 somehow which solved this problem for other users but reverted back with future updates?thanks in advance.