Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Soundtouch 300 click when changing Chanel through optical

There is a slight click/pop when i go from a Dolby digital tv channel to an normal stereo channel. On virgin TiVo V6 any one else have this ?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 click when changing Chanel through optical

Changed the STB to output PCM to decode the DD no click now.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jedifozzie,

Thanks for the post!  Do you have your STB connected directly to the ST 300 via HDMI, or through the TV?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

hi Brandon,

i had the stb connected to the tv and the tv connected to the st300 by optical as i had my shield tv connected through  the ST. like i said in second post was ok when set to pcm. only noticed on the stb when going up and down the channels. 

i have now changed set up to my STB and Shield TV connected straight to the TV as i have only 2 4k/60 ports and the tv connected through arc on my hdmi 2 so i have free hdmi through  the ST300. this seems ok no clicking going through the channels. 

but not sure if it was the STB or the ST .

cheers

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Great, thanks for the update!

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Just an update still getting the same issue click/pop going from stereo channel to a Dolby Digital channel same through arc and optical not sure if it's the ST300 or Virgin V6 box 😞
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Jedifozzie, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear that this issue has returned. Curiously, can you try to unplug power to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar and the Virgon V6 for 30 seconds and re-test? This isn't something we've seen before with the ST300. By chance, have you reached out to Virgin to see if they've heard of this? Do you have a neighbor or a friend that possibly has a different box that you could try the ST300 with to see if the issue is present or not? 

Kind Regards