Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Soundtouch 300 connected to samsung series 7 tv, no sound

I have setup soundtouch 300 bar and speakers (no bass) to a Samsung series7 tv and it worked great. Turned on the next day and have no sound through the soundtouch 300. I've checked connections and went through setting up again and still no sound. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I haven't connected soundtouch to the internet. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 connected to samsung series 7 tv, no sound

Hi Jac,

I'm sorry to hear about the audio issue you are experiencing. Is your SoundTouch 300 connected to your TV using HDMI/ARC, or a digital optical cable? If you are using HDMI, I'd strongly recommend connecting your system to the network/internet using the SoundTouch app. This will allow you to update the system's software (you will be automatically prompted by the SoundTouch app once the system is connected). Many HDMI/ARC inconsistencies have been fixed through previous updates. Making sure your system is updated would be the first step to take before investigating the issue further. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 connected to samsung series 7 tv, no sound

From user: Zerolab

Hi,
After experiencing numerous issues with multiple televisions and this Soundbar I would like to get a better understanding of what television models (and firmwares) actually work and which Bose indeed tests and officially supports. If a TV set is not supported they should clearly document this so consumers are aware before purchase instead than finger pointing after the fact.

Please share yours configurations, I will share results after I have collected enough meaningful responses :

To the products managers reading this post, you should really plan to invite a few users to one of your engineer all-hands so we can share first hand our experience.