Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doahex
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Soundtouch 300 connected with Soundtouch 300

Hello, everyone,

I already own a Soundtouch 300 and two Acoustimass 300, connected wirelessly to it, and i am really happy with the setup.

I was wondering if it is possbile to do the following:

1 - buy another Soundtouch 300 and connect it wirelessly to the one that i already own ( for same room listening, one under the tv and one over the tv )

2 - buy two other Acoustimass 300 and connect them wirelessly to the second Soundtouch 300 ( since i understand that you can wirelessly connect max two AM300 to one ST300 )

3 - would the second ST300 suffer from sound degradation because it is wirelessly connected to the first ST300 and not directly to the tv?

The first ST300 sould be the main and connect to the tv then ( tehoretically ), without loss of sync or soundquality:

- send signal wirelessly to the two AM300 that i have

- send signal wirelesly the second ST300 ( which would control the other two AM300 )

Thanks a bunch 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundtouch 300 connected with Soundtouch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by doahex

Hi Victor, 

Thanks for coming back!

I agree, this kind of set up would be impressive and would certainly make action movies more immersive if successful!

Again, In theory, your logic is sound. This should work. However, This will make calibrating the audio with AdaptiQ very difficult. What you may find is that you may end up with lower bass response across 4 subs rather than higher bass response through two. You may also lose quality when connected to that kind of a splitter. However, it may also work perfectly fine. 

I'm sorry I couldn't have more definitive answers for you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Hi Doahex, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying using our SoundTouch 300 system. 

In regards to your query, I do not believe this will work. To connect wirelessly with the second SoundTouch 300 you will need to be in the SoundTouch Source. You will not be able to do this whilst you are watching the TV as SoundTouch does not support TV audio. Though you will be able to connect the two addition AM300 to the second ST300 you will be unable to connect the second ST300 to the first for TV audio. 

I hope I have been able to clarify this for you. If you have any further questions please do reach out again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
doahex
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response.

I understand the wireless connection between the soundbars is out of the question.

Could it be possible to do it wired? To connect the second soundbar with the first one trough the earc hdmi port and connect the first soundbar with the tv trough the normal hdmi port or the optical one?

Also, can i connect more than two subs with one soundbar? Two subs wireless( which would be further away in the room) and two subs wired ( with a splitter cable, closer to the soundbar) ?

Please try to bear with me, i searched the info already and i could not find the answears i was looking for. Just trying to know all the possible options before making another purchase and finding out i have to return the products.

Best regards
Jessie_O

Hi Doahex, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I understand what you are trying to achieve, this is quite impressive. 

However, I don't think I have the answers you are looking for. 

When you connect the Bass Module using a cable, you 'switch off' the wireless capability. Therefore the maximum you can have is two additional Bass Modules. 

In regards to the two SoundTouch 300's, We do not recommend this. Though the theory is sound, there is no way to predict how the two systems will behave in this setup. It might work perfectly, you might get no audio at all, you might only get audio from one, you might have an audio delay between the two soundbars and the TV. It's very difficult to predict what will happen. I'm sorry I don't have more concrete information for you regarding this. 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

doahex
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hello, Jessie_O,

One final question and i'm off.

If i use a custom four way splitter cable for the wired sub function ( use good enough cables and route them to each individual sub ) do you think the soundbar can be able to drive four subs ( or more, in theory ) or is there a bidirectional communication between the soundbar and sub even when the connection in wired?

In the future, i really hope Bose could add more versatility to the way we can connect the soundbars and subs.

Your soundbars already have a clear, precise and wide vertical and horizontal soundstage. It would be awesome if we could connect two soundbars and four subs ( front and back ) for an even more immersive and awesome experience. I can only dream about LFE effects going front to back ( and trough you ) or feeling an explosion coming from the back.

Thanks again for all your help, i'll put my impressive madness away ( for the moment ) 🙂

Best regards,

Victor

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by doahex

Hi Victor, 

Thanks for coming back!

I agree, this kind of set up would be impressive and would certainly make action movies more immersive if successful!

Again, In theory, your logic is sound. This should work. However, This will make calibrating the audio with AdaptiQ very difficult. What you may find is that you may end up with lower bass response across 4 subs rather than higher bass response through two. You may also lose quality when connected to that kind of a splitter. However, it may also work perfectly fine. 

I'm sorry I couldn't have more definitive answers for you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@doahex wrote:

Hello, everyone,

I already own a Soundtouch 300 and two Acoustimass 300, connected wirelessly to it, and i am really happy with the setup.

I was wondering if it is possbile to do the following:

1 - buy another Soundtouch 300 and connect it wirelessly to the one that i already own ( for same room listening, one under the tv and one over the tv )

2 - buy two other Acoustimass 300 and connect them wirelessly to the second Soundtouch 300 ( since i understand that you can wirelessly connect max two AM300 to one ST300 )

3 - would the second ST300 suffer from sound degradation because it is wirelessly connected to the first ST300 and not directly to the tv?

The first ST300 sould be the main and connect to the tv then ( tehoretically ), without loss of sync or soundquality:

- send signal wirelessly to the two AM300 that i have

- send signal wirelesly the second ST300 ( which would control the other two AM300 )

Thanks a bunch 🙂

I admire your enthusiasm for pimping out your SoundTouch system, hey more is always better right? Unfortunately adding a second sub as you have done, maxes out the engineered design specs for the line. 

Bose engineers and indeed their marketing pros design these consumer systems taking into consideration, cost, ease of use, design and consumer trends to mention a few variables. The SoundTouch line is designed to work as a package containing a speaker bar, optional rear speakers and up to two subs. That’s it!

If you want to go bigger you might want to think about Acoustimass 10 or Lifestyle. As far as separates, Bose does not offer a stand alone sub so putting together something with lots of speakers would involve a different brand sub(s) married with say 5 or 7 - 301 speakers and a receiver or amp of course. I think then you might be better to look at competitor systems to get the best value for your dollar.

doahex
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hey, rickatk,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not just about bigger.

Since i added the second sub the experience ( music, games and movies ) is much fuller for me, before this i was able to perceive the positioning of the sub.

After reading the manual and searching the net i understood the way the products were designed and i am ok with that.

I was only trying to see if i could expand the experience considering the spatial constraints that i have.

I dont have that much room left for serious audio equipment in the living room, i can accomodate for another two subs and thats it, and these puppies are really compact and practial ( from my point of view ).

If it werent for the space issue ( and the design, i really like the way these look ) i would of went with more dedicated equipment, that would really satisfy my auditory senses/needs.

Sure, i could sell all my living room furniture in order to make space but that would be just plain sutpid :))))

As i previously said, i'll put my madness away for the time being 😄 and enjoy the system as awesome as it already is.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@doahex wrote:

Hey, rickatk,

Thanks for the reply.

>It's not just about bigger.

>Since i added the second sub the experience ( music, games and movies ) is much fuller for me, before this i was able to perceive the positioning of the sub.

I am intrigued by this capability and if upgrading to the ST 300(I am pretty locked in to SoundTouch), two subs would be on the order.

>Sure, i could sell all my living room furniture in order to make space but that would be just plain sutpid :))))

Steve Jobs used to sit on his living room floor to listen to his very high end audio. No other furniture.

>As i previously said, i'll put my madness away for the time being 😄 and enjoy the system as awesome as it already is.

I bet it sounds very good!