Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Soundtouch 300 hdmi stopped working

Hello,

On January, I purchased my ST300. I connected my Samsung TV using HDMI ARC and my BluRay to the HDMI IN with no problem; I configured the remote control to manage the TV and BluRay and everything worked. It sounded great, but only for one day!!

The second day no sound was hearded from the ST. However, I tested the Bluetooh and the optical audio and both sounded. I tested all th suggestions I found in this forum: unplugging the TV, bar and HDMIs for long time (minutes, hours...); reinstaling the latest fw; resetting the ST... Even I contacted the Samsung support, who helped me to review setting connections, TV fw, configuration... but he did not find any fault.

So I took the bar and carried it to the tech. service. After three weeks, they returned me the ST: they changed the HDMI module and again it sounded great.

This time, it lasted one month. Yesterday I started notice the remote control did not command properly the TV, so I powered off and on all devices and tried one by one, but still the ST sounded. Becasue, the remote control did not work properly, I pushed the red button on the remote for a while. It was in that moment when the ST300 stopped sounding. Again, I tried to recover the ST but with no success.

Thnaks

Hopefully, I just disabled the hdmi.

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 hdmi stopped working

Sorry, I must have pressed before finishing

Hopefully, I just disabled the hdmi. Do you think pushing the red button disabled the HDMI? In case yes, do you know if there is procedure for enabling it?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Rasen,

Thanks for the post.  There's no button on the remote or SoundTouch 300 that can be used to turn off HDMI.  

Are the LEDs on the front of the soundbar lighting up?  Are we able to listen to any SoundTouch sources or Bluetooth audio?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Brandon

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I can listen to Bluetooth audio, Radio or audio Libraries in my computer. (although sometime I have to reconnect twice the Bluetooth device or the Radio)
I'm not sure if it is relevant: right now, I can manage my TV using the ST remote control. Even when I turn off the TV, the ST is turned off too. However, I am not able to manage my bluray player

Regards
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Rasen,

Thanks for the results. I would like to ask if you could possibly try a few things. 

• Could we try resetting the system and TV? That can be done by unplugging both the TV and the ST300 for app. 1 minute and plugging back in.
  • While the TV and Bose is unplugged from power, unplug and reset the HDMI cable from both ends.
  • Check and see if that your TV firmware is up to date.
  • Finally if the above does not resolve the issue, please try a new high-speed HDMI cable.

Please let us know the results,

Tony. 

Highlighted
Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Tony,

thank you for the reply.

I will try as soon as possible... Just a question: you said "new high-speed HDMI cable".

Are you speking about HDMI specification? Which one?

Currently, I am using the HDMI cable provided by Bose...

Regards

Ricardo

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Rasen,

That's a great question. You would want to purchase a High Speed HDMI 2.0 cable.

Let us know,

Tony

Highlighted
Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Tony,

- I have reseted the system and TV by unplugging both the TV and the ST300 for app. 1 minute. I unplugged the HDMI from both ends too: none of these solved the problem.

- The TV is updated and the ST300 fw.  is 18.0.11

- Then I reseted the system (ST300 and TV) and I tried the new HDMI cable I bought, but it did not solve it either

Any other suggestion?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Brm932
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

HDMI CEC/ARC issues are the worst. This isn't necessarily an issue with the Bose system. HDMI HDCP (Content protection) requires "handshakes" before completing a full connection between devices. Many times using pass through devices such as a home theater system can cause intermittent issues. Getting different device software to coordinate perfectly using HDMI isn't ironed out yet across the entire home theater industry. Sure it's awesome when it works, but having to do constant resets and and disconnect HDMI cables is a pain. For this reason, I just use optical. I'd recommend doing the same and connect your blu ray to the TV.
Highlighted
Rasen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Thank you, Brm932, maybe in the future, I will do what your suggested but, right now, I will try to solve it. I think it's unbelievable a product has been working less than 3 months have failed again.

I have paid for it and I would like it to work. If I know it would not work, probably I would have chosen a different sound bar, without HDMI.

Maybe the technology is not ready yet... but in this case, consumers should claim to the manufacturers for improving it, and this is where I am...