Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 hdmi stopped working

1) When HDMI ARC connected to TV, I press the power button with ST300 remote control, the TV would turn off immediately, it indicates the ST300 and TV can "shake hands".

2.JPG

2) When I hold the power button of with TV remote control, TV would turn off, and after a while TV would turn on automatically. it indications the "HDMI-CEC" setting(alternative) of ST300 works!

I tried many ways, however none of them works.  There are many funs met the problem, Bose should take it seriously.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi shuaixf,

Thanks for the post.  Are you able to try and program the Bose remote to control your television?  If you can program it, it would accomplish the same function.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

@Brandon_M

How to program the Bose remote control?

BTW, I tried another new TV in the shopping mall,  one is SONY 75X9300E, the other one is LG OLED65C6P, same result. However the SONY soundbar works fine.

I doubt it might be due to the upgrade of bose system(18.0.11)

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again shuaixf,

Thanks for the question.  Instructions for programming the remote control are on page 2 of the ST300 owners manual.  You can get the codes from the code book that was included with your system.

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Hi, @shuaixf and @Rasen:

I think I have exactly the same problem. May I know have you solved the problem?

I have a Sony 9000e and I believe it is the same with 900e in some countries. My Soundtouch 300 has worked fine with the Sony TV for half a year.

But today my Soundtouch doesn't play any sound from Sony after I pressed and hold the **red** button(left most of the four colorful buttons) on Soundtouch remote control. While I holding the red button, the LED above TV source turned off and all LEDs except WIFI starts blinking. After I released the button, only LED of WIFI is still on.

I think long pressing the red button makes some changes. Could anyone help with the problem? Thanks