Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Soundtouch 300 new user & Samsung TV

I have a brand new Bose Soundbar 300 and Acoustimass 300 and a five-year-old Samsung 55-inch LED full-HD TV that has worked flawlessly until now. I attached the Bose equipment as directed in the literature but have no sound. Today I can't even turn on the Soundbar - the fuse in the plug is working (replaced it with a proven fuse), the remote is working, but the Soundbar refuses to show any sign of life. Can anyone help with the power problem so I can then start to solve the issue of no sound, using advice on other threads? The TV itself works fine.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 new user & Samsung TV

That's awful, I'm hoping that maybe I can give you a little bit of help.

I too purchased the sound touch 300 and I also have a Samsung TV that is a little bit older .

Samsung TVs usually have something in the settings that is called Anynet +

First you must unplug the Bose and the TV that resets both of them .

...... In between anytime that you change settings you must unplug both the Bose and the TV to get a fresh start .

Go into your anynet settings and make sure that it's on and you will see that there is a refresh option, do a refresh and hopefully will see the sound touch sound bar come up on the list of all of the things that you have plugged into your HDMI outlets in back of your TV.

You MUST see  sound touch sound bar on this list if you don't unplug the TV in the Bose and

try this step again , (mine took several attempts)

,until you see the sound touch 300 sound bar come up on your anynet

list of attached devices.

once that step is complete and your TV has recognized you have a sound bar you should have audio!

I also went into the sound touch app and change the HDMI-CEC setting to

always on.

This may take a few times of doing this until you get that good virtual handshake .

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Thanks so much for this detailed response. I've been up to my eyes with work but will try this solution tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Still having problems, I'm afraid. First, it seems there is a software upgrade for my TV. I downloaded it on to a USB stick, but the TV doesn't seem able to find the file on the USB. Tried downloading it direct from the web to the TV with no success. My TV has a 2015 upgrade 1023, but the latest one is called 1026.

That notwithstanding, I tried to refresh my Anynet+ setting, but all I seem able to do from the on-screen menu is toggle between on and off for Anynet+. Any guidance of how to refresh it would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Well, the first thing you need to figure out is how to do that Samsung TV update.

please excuse me if I state the obvious, I know how frustrating that can be.

Try the total unplug to reset the tv and the Bose. If you have a cable box or satellite box you might want to make sure that they're plugged in separately from whatever you have the Bose and the TV plugged into  so it doesn't have to load up all of the information again and make this process longer for you ,

(for example,  I have my Bose and my TV and all of my accessories plugged into a power strip surge protector except for my DirecTV Genie it's plug straight into the wall .)

after you've powered back up your TV and your Bose ST try to do the update to your television again ,there should be, in menu settings,on your Samsung TV to update.

I found this :

https://ukwuakitv.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/201547021-How-can-I-manually-update-the-firmware-ver...

On my Samsung television in the AnyNet setting there is a "device search" right there under the ON for Anynet.

That " device search" is the REFRESH.

Getting back to your update on your television which is important I'm not sure how to resolve that issue I hate to ask another obvious question,  but  have you tried googling your problem with your TV update situation using the model number on the back of the television ?

It's an easy thing to do and sometimes I have found a solution that way.

let me know if you are able to update your TV,

......it's possible that the TV update issue is why you cannot find out how to

refresh the Anynet.

let me know how this works for you.

sorry if it's no help.

sally

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Thanks for this. I've got my satellite decoder plugged into one socket and everything else (TV, Bose system, DVD player, music hard drive, separate video hard drive and - believe it or not - VHS tape player!) on a power strip, like you. To minimise complications I have disconnected everything except the TV, DVD player and Bose system for now.

I spoke to a Samsung support technician who talked me through the downloading of the new TV software a few days ago, but we didn't cover what to do if the TV doesn't see the USB files! I'll check out the link you supplied and then maybe try Samsung again. The natural sense of frustration is compounded by the sense that in 2017 it really shouldn't be this hard!

Really appreciate the help.

Peter

Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Oh my gosh I know your frustration!!

I felt exactly the same way trying to get my Samsung television to be compatible with my  ST sound bar ......it got to the point of being ridiculous!

Let me know how everything plays out for you,

and if you still need some help with the AnyNet

and there's anything else that I maybe can pass on to you

I would be more than happy to do so .

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

iRe: Soundtouch 300 new user & Samsung TV

Hi Sally. I just got around to trying to fix my TV and Bose problem. After trying four different USB sticks, I managed to upload the latest version of the software to the TV, thanks to that how-to link you gave me. That felt like a major step forward. However, it hasn't changed anything. I still have to adjust the HDMI sound toggle manually to get my DVD to produce sound via the TV, every time I switch on. More importantly, still no sound from the Bose system! If you have the patience, can you suggest anything else? I haven't managed to find an Anynet+ function that allows me a Device Search option, so maybe that is the key? Appreciate any fresh advice you can offer.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Re: iRe: Soundtouch 300 new user & Samsung TV

Hi

I had a total nightmare with my Samsung TV(connected via ARC).  I tried all various options, resets(TV and Bose), optical etc.  Spoke to Bose and Samsung.  Tried 3 other Samsung TV's all the same problems with HDMI auto switching to the HDMI 3(ARC).  And very often no sound.  

I tried a Sony and LG TV.  No problems, works as expected.  No HDMI switching and auto switching on/off worked.  Sound never dropped.

Unfortunately, the support from Samsung was not great.  I would need all TV's sent in for repair just over a year old and would not carry out repairs under the EU consumer Law.

I'm sorry to say I believe as long as you have a samsung TV that has these issues, you won't get it sorted.  Whether it's model specific, I don't know.  Since switching to another brand it's never messed up and works like a charm.  Apart from the lack of Amazon Prime Music.  But that's another story.

Good luck. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2017

Re: iRe: Soundtouch 300 new user & Samsung TV

Thanks, I guess! I actually really like my Samsung and wanted to do it justice with a bettrer sound system than the rather ugly and mediocre one that came with the DVD player. Samsung is now (I think) the largest TV producer in the world - you'd think that Bose and Samsung would sync up on this.