Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThijsJanssen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Soundtouch 300 no tv sound

Hi all,

My soundtouch 300 worked great with my Samsung UE40MU6100 for half a year. Then, some weeks ago, there was no tv sound through the soundtouch anymore. No cables were removed, or touched, nothing changed to the setup of the TV/soundtouch or other devices. I tried using a different HDMI cable or connecting the soundtouch via optical. This does not work. The soundtoch is updated and does work via bluetooth or internet connection (when playing music via my phone). Other devices can be connected to the TV so there seems to be no problem with the HDMI/optical output.

Any ideas what can be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Thijs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Soundtouch 300 no tv sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThijsJanssen

Hi ThijsJanssen, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please check your TV settings to ensure that there haven't been any changes with the TV output as well as checking the HDMI in setting on the Soundtouch app via: 

• In the SoundTouch app, select the Menu icon in the upper-left
  • Select Settings
  • Select Speaker Settings
  • Select your soundbar
  • Select Advanced Setup
  • Select HDMI IN Direct Audio and choose a setting:

When turned off, the remote will not select the HDMI connection for audio and when turned on, the remote button selected under HDMI IN Source Button will select audio for the HDMI connection. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Hello Thijs,

Thanks for getting in contact with the community. I am so sorry that you are not getting any TV audio from your SoundTouch 300, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your Soundbar. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Please let us know if this shows any sign of improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
ThijsJanssen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Dear Tegan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried this myself already directly after the problem occured. It does not solve the problem...

Best regards,

Thijs

Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThijsJanssen

Hi ThijsJanssen, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please check your TV settings to ensure that there haven't been any changes with the TV output as well as checking the HDMI in setting on the Soundtouch app via: 

• In the SoundTouch app, select the Menu icon in the upper-left
  • Select Settings
  • Select Speaker Settings
  • Select your soundbar
  • Select Advanced Setup
  • Select HDMI IN Direct Audio and choose a setting:

When turned off, the remote will not select the HDMI connection for audio and when turned on, the remote button selected under HDMI IN Source Button will select audio for the HDMI connection. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

ThijsJanssen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Thanks! This works. Appreciate your quick help on this!

Best,

Thijs.

Hector_B

Hi ThiJsJanssen, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am glad to hear that this has resolved your issue and appreciate you reaching back out to let us know. 

I hope that these steps also prove useful for other community members. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

ThijsJanssen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Dear Hector,

Unfortunately I have the Same issue again (No tv sound). I tried everything, including the already proposed solution. Do you have any idea What else this can be?

Thanks in advance.

Thijs

Jessie_O

Hi ThijsJanssen, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the continued issues you seem to be having, I'll be more than happy to assist you! 

I would recommend unplugging the SoundTouch 300 and the TV from power for 30 seconds. Once completed, plug in the SoundTouch 300 and allow it to power up. Next, select the TV source on the remote control, then plug in the TV. What this will do is hopefully reset your HDMI connection and bring back your audio.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O