Johnc5599
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Soundtouch 300 not letting me set 5.1 channels PC

I have the soundtouch 300 with the rear speakers and it sounds really nice but the issue I am having is that my PC doesn't recognize the device as a 5.1 system. It only says that there's  2 channels available but when I plug the same HDMI cable into my denon reciever my PC recognizes that it is a 5.1 channel device. I understand that dts and dolby digital is passed to the soundbar to decode and it plays through the rear speakers properly but when I play PC games it only plays in stereo because it needs to pass the audio in real time to all 5 channels I have. Does  this soundbar not support pcm? What would be a solution to have my games play in 5.1 anyway?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Johnc5599
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 not letting me set 5.1 channels PC

Bump, I need help on this. It's ashame if this system can't process 5.1 surround for pc gaming and will force me to bring it back to the store
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 not letting me set 5.1 channels PC

Hi Johnc5599, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. The SoundTouch 300 currently supports Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 formats only. If you are attempting to pass a different 5.1 format, this is likely why you are receiving a standard stereo output from the soundbar. Please check your PC/gaming system, or receiver's audio settings, to be sure that they are set to provide Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 audio. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support