Highlighted
JohnnyG
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Soundtouch 300 remote program for cable box

Hi Guys. Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 130 and all good. I am helping a friend with a soundtouch 300 bar. I am in the blind with no on screen menu to adjust sound etc. Can't figure out how to adjust bass etc.. My 130 I see it on the receiver. HDMI from cable box to bar and bar to tv.hdmi arc 4....(Also optical) ...On the bose remote I am using Aux for Bose functions and the film directors for cable box. Issue is I have to hit film button to change channels than the audio cuts out while doing so. Than I hit aux again to get audio back. How should I program so I can just use the hose remote for volume and cable box channel under one setting. Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundtouch 300 remote program for cable box

Hi JohnnyG, 

To adjust bass on a SoundTouch 300, please follow the steps below: 

1. On the remote control, press BASS.
    The indicators on the soundbar glow to show the current bass setting, as shown:

2. On the remote control, press to Volume + increase the bass. Press Volume - to decrease the bass.
  3. Press BASS . The soundbar saves your settings.

To reset the bass setting: On the remote control, press and hold BASS until the SoundTouch indicator on the soundbar blinks twice.The bass setting resets to original factory settings.

Regarding the volume cutting out when a channel is changed, please try to reset your soundbar by following the steps below: 

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

However, please be advised that you cannot change the volume on your soundbar while you are using your remote with the cable box source. You will need to switch back to the Bose system source should you wish to change the volume.

Kind regards, 

Irina_I

Innovativedave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

While I appreciate your comment, it doesn’t solve the problem. I have seen issue with my 300 sound bar. When I press the television button and the source, the TV comes on with audio through the sound bar. However, when I hit auxiliary button which I have designated for my cable box, it allows me to control the channels through the cable box, but the audio cuts out to nothing. I keep the volume on the television set turned off due to the audio from the bar not being synced with the audio from the TV. So the question is can we use the Aux and still have audio from the TV at the same time
JohnnyG
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Exactly. I told my friend friend to sell it. It's a headache. I have the model before . The 130 and have no issues except it going on mute when first turned on. Tried everything. I just deal with it.