iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Soundtouch 300 remote wont turn off/on my Samsung correctly

Hi!

I just got a Soundtouch 300 with the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible speakers. Hade a few ARC issues in the begging but reseted my TV and also paired the remote with the TV and that seemed to have solved alot of issues but one thing that still is strang is that to turn on the tv and the Bose system i have to press the Source powerbutton that is in the middle, if I press the regular powerbutton it only turns on/off the soundbar system. Sometimes the regular powerbutton works correctly but mostly it doesnt. Has anyone had this issue?

The TV i have for this is a Samsung 75" UE75KS8005.

13 REPLIES 13
QzzB
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 remote wont turn off/on my Samsung correctly

I have a LG TV with ARC setup. Powering off through the SoundTouch using the power button only ever turns my bar off. Using the LG remote to turn off the TV does turn off the soundbar though. 

The Source button does turn off the TV like yours. I dont use the bose remote to control my TV (I Use sky q in the UK, and the remote is more touch sensitve and uses bluetooth, so using the bose doesnt make much sense for me). The Sky Q remote turns off the TV and the Bose when using ARC. 

Im not sure if it is supose to work the othe way around? But one thing i have noticed is the remote isnt always on the correct source. I.e. If u use the ST app to start streaming spotify, the input is changed and it starts playing but the remote still thinks im on TV. If yours is doing simiar it might not have the correct input mode on the remote (i.e. remote thinks your on soundtouch so the power will not touch tv. The Source power might still work as SoundTouch mode doesnt have a source?) 

Just a thought...

iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

I've actually also thought about the remote source thing, so I tried to select tv as source on remote and then pressing Power off but still the same issue.

And when I use my samsung remote to controll it all it freaks out abit more i think.

iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

I think I might have solved the issue, here is what I did.

1. Pressed the button for what source i wanted to controll (TV source)

2. Pressed source off button (The one in the top middle)

3. Press regular off button

This re-synchronizes the power off for sources and TV according to the manual and so far it works.

iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Strange, this thing works but then the remote looses the sync and I have to resync the powerbutton again, this works a couple of days and then same story again, I even tried resetting the remote and paired with the samsung code againg, anyone else who has had this issue?

Hi iamneno,

I'm sorry this is continuing to happen. Have you checked to see if there was software update available for your TV? Also, I do suspect something is going on with the SoundTouch 300 remote. I would suggest to contact your local service group to replace the remote for the system. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of page and choose "Contact Us". You will find a phone number listed there.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Hi Joel!

Yes I have checked and I also have autoupdate on so everything is with the latest software but still same issue.

I will give it a shot to talk to the support!

Hi iamneno,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please, let me know how it works out for you after the new remote.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

iamneno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2018

Hi @Joel_D I still im having issues.

When I called support to get a new remote he told me to reset te bose system and I did, after that alot more problems came. Now it can sometimes just loose the sound when watching a movie or so, just all random.

And before the reset it sometimes worked to use the powerbutton on the remote to start the TV and the soundbar together but now it doesnt work at all. 

Frankly there are to many ARC issues for being such a expensive system. 

Do you have any other idea on what to do?

Hi @iamneno,

I apologize they didn't move forward with the replacement. If these following steps do not resolve the issue, I would suggest to contact them again and let them know you have been troubleshooting via the Bose Community and that a replacement system was suggested.

• Try a new high speed HDMI cable between the TV and SoundTouch 300
  • Factory default the system, instructions can be found HERE
  • During the factory default process, unplug your TV from power for a full minute and re-seat the HDMI on both ends
  • Try testing the different CEC options 
  • In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  • To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  • Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let me us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel