Highlighted
Steven_W
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2017

Soundtouch 300 replacement glass

I had started a previous thread which has been archived.  I had a couple of people PM me to ask what I did in the end, so heree is what happened.  Bose could not offer a replacement and I do not think that even if I returned it to them it would have been worth it.  This is what I PM'd to a couple of people:

First I completely cleaned off all the glass and adhesive, using an alcohol based solvent.  Then I took the soundbar to a glass shop and they made a template from it.  I ordered 4mm toughened glass from them.  This cost me £30.  Then I bought black spray paint called "plastikote" and sprayed one side of the glass.  I had to build this up with sveral layers, allowing the paint to dry each time.

Then I stuck a layer of adhesive black vinyl to the same sprayed side.  This stops the adhesive pads from showing through.  Finally I used double sided adhesive pads all around the glass and fixed it to the top.

This seemed to all work OK, but this was my second attempt.  I tried to use a heat glue gun but it showed through the glass and I had to remove it all and start again.

The only problem with this solution is there is no "Bose" sign on the glass, however if you wanted you could print the Bose sign onto "car sticker" type paper and put it on before spraying.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soundtouch 300 replacement glass

Hi Steven_W,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your Soundtouch 300 . I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

SOURAVDM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 replacement glass

Thank you Steve for detailed process which has given me a new hope of resolution.