Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Soundtouch 300 soundbar issue not connecting to Netgear Orbi SOLVED

I hope this helps someone who was in the same frustrating situation I found myself in regarding the Orbi mesh network NOT connecting to the soundbar. I first tried unsuccessfully connecting it to my network for 3 days and finally gave up,brought it back to the store and found out it was working correctly after the helpful salespeople tested it, tried it again with no luck and called Bose directly. The Bose tech guy kinda helped me by connecting it to my OTHER wifi network via DSL not via cable which is what I really wanted. The next day,I spent several hours searching chat rooms for Bose and Netgear and tried the following and it WORKED!!! The problem was the SECURITY SETTINGS for the Orbi mesh network. I had to change it via the app and set it to WPA2-PSK only. There are 3 settings available-none/WPA2-PSK/WPA-PSK-WPA2-PSK. I set mine to the second(WPA2-PSK) and the system works beautifully. I hope this helps anyone who is faced with the same problem and can solve it. It can be beyond frustrating for electronics not to work as they should as I found out!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 soundbar issue not connecting to Netgear Orbi SOLVED

Hi beachbeardad,

Thanks for posting your findings!  I'm sure this will help others out with their Orbi networks.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support