Highlighted
surfrider26
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

Soundtouch 300 soundbar setup woes, and bluetooth issue

So my wife and I decided to upgrade our enterainment system. We purchased a Sony Bravia 850D 65inch 4k and the Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar with the wireless speakers

After nearly 2 days of setup, I THINK I got most of it working. The struggle was at literally every point. I couldnt get the wireless work. I couldnt get the app to pair the wireless. Then I couldnt get the wireless speakers to pair. Then when I did the sound stopped. Then the video from the TV stopped working..

My connection is TV > HDMI ARC  but I am also trying to get my nVidia Shield TV Streamer working by setting it up similar  Streamer > Soundbar HDMI ARC In > Soundbar HDMI out > TV HDMI ARC in

I have finally gotten everything to work (I think) EXCEPT the bluetooth. I can pair bluetooth with any device I have, however, when I want to stop listening to my bluetooth device, I cannot get the Soundtouch to work again without physically unplugging the soundbar from the wall and forcing it to reboot. IF I dont do this, the Soundtouch light stays Amber and will not go White, which indicates no connection I guess? No amount of restarting anything works (TV, soundbar, streamer etc)

How do I switch from input to input with this gracefully? Im like 3 seconds away from taking this thing back, as I wasted an entire Saturday night trying to get this damned thing to work. 1200 dollars and this thing should not be this difficult.

I am a System Engineer in the cloud/IT field I could have built an entire virtual infrastructure at a remote site in Banhgladesh for the time I have put into this thing. My wife literally forced me to stop last nigth at 2am and made me walk around the block haha. That one is on me, but you get the point.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Rob1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 soundbar setup woes, and bluetooth issue

The bluetooth problem is a dirty little secret with the bose 300... Lucky for us!