Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Soundtouch 300 static sound

My soundtouch 300 recently has static sound at 2 ends of the soundbar. I just got this soundtouch 300 and bass module 300 for 2 weeks. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I can hear the scratchy and static sound clearly when the room is quite at night. This problem kinda bugging me because they are brand new and expensive speakers. Please help me! Thank you so much!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 static sound

What input source are you using and whats it connecting to? Have you tired to listen to any internet radio or bluetooth tracks??
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Hi QzzB,

My Soundtouch 300 and the Bass module 300 are connected to my computer via Bluetooth. I also have my soundtouch connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI. They are all powered with same outlet surge protector. I have research about the static sounds from the speaker.There are some advice about the groundloop and the interfere between electric devices. I just purchased a new surge protector, it is coming tmr. Hopefully the problems come from the old surge protector since there are many devices are connected to it.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi hho16, 

Thanks for responding. Keep us posted on this. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Hi Brent,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I purchased very good surge protector to connect all devices together, but there is still a static sound from my ST300. Hopefully, BOSE gets solution soon for me to this product. Thank you.

Best regard,

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello hho16,

Thank you for getting back to us with your updates. Can you test a few things for me to see if the issue follows between the computer and SoundTouch 300 as well as the TV and SoundTouch 300. What I would like you to do is unplug the computer from the new surge protector and test between your TV and the SoundTouch 300. Please also perform this with your TV unplugged and test the Bluetooth audio from the computer to the SoundTouch 300 as well.

Let us know how this works out.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support