Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Soundtouch 300 system integrating with google home/chromecast audio

I've tried to do integrate my Google home with my bose 300 system and have had no luck. I have my TV connected to the soundbar via the fiberoptic line.

Does anyone know where/how I need to connect the chromecast audio to directly to the speaker to do the integration. Or Do I need to go thru the TV /chromecast back to the speaker.

I'd rather do a direct conection Google home to bose without having to turn the TV on.

Any and help is welcome. Thank you
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 system integrating with google home/chromecast audio

Hi lkemiami,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'd be happy to assist! It sounds like you want to integrate Chromecast support without having to rely on your TV being on, is this correct?

If so, I'd recommend connecting a Chromecast Audio device directly to the digital optical input on the SoundTouch 300 soundbar. However, one issue that you will likely run into, is that the soundbar automatically powers off after certain lengths of time when not detecting an audio signal. This can certainly be problematic when using Virtual Assistant devices. But, the good news is; you will soon have the ability to disable this auto-off feature in the upcoming SoundTouch software release. You can find the latest information on this update HERE

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

I noticed Bose just released a update that allows you to use Alexa to controll the sound touch 300 soundbar. My question is, will google home be able to do the same thing coming soon?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi alec5267,

Thanks for the question.  I'm not sure if this will be a feature in the future, but I will send your recommendation up to the software team to see if it is possible.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

+1

I'm really interested in buying the soundtouch 300 - but I want it to work with my google home device.. otherwise I'll have to buy an audio chromecast - but as as this soundbar has wifi, it would make more sense if Bose became partner with google and make this possible 😉

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi benvanlooy, 

Thank you for the post. If we hear of any developments on this, we'll let the community know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Yes, we all love to see google home intergration. 

Hello bose I hope you are listning us. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Seriously?!?  We can't use Google home with the Soundtouch 300, but we can use Alexa?  Why is this?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Absolutely, same with me. Bose is best in the sound system and Google is best in AI. Moreover, I am already on Google platform for other reasons (car, home, mobile and a lot more) and I don't want to create another account on Amazon or elsewhere to manage my media playlists. I would rather look for other speaker systems!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Not to compromise on sound, I ended up buying ST300 with packaged subwoofer. As expected the set delivers great sound! However, Wi-Fi features are complete disappointment and useless for me in India. NO MUSIC APP WORKS IN INDIA other than TuneIn Radio and other junk internet radios.
When i am subscribed to Amazon Music and Google Play Music services here in India, why can't i use it with my Bose ST300 in India. Isn't India an important market for Bose!!!