Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

Soundtouch 300 turns itself off

My soundstouch soundbar keeps turning itself off after about 2 hours not matter what I try including the auto start when i turn on the TV the soundbar comes on but after a couple of hours it turns off and we miss part of a show turning the TV back on to restart it. If I cant figure this out Costco is getting it back!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 turns itself off

Hello schuetzenhaus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This sounds like it may be an inconsistent CEC issue. Please try adjusting CEC in the SoundTouch app to Alternate and test again.

To turn HDMI CEC on or off, follow these steps:

• Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. 
  • In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  • To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
  • Default On Enables CEC
  • Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
  • Off: Disables CEC
  • Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

Having issues connecting to the Bose ST 300 from the SoundTouch app  not sure what to do now.

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello schuetzenhaus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This sounds like it may be an inconsistent CEC issue. Please try adjusting CEC in the SoundTouch app to Alternate and test again.

To turn HDMI CEC on or off, follow these steps:

• Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. 
  • In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  • To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
  • Default On Enables CEC
  • Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
  • Off: Disables CEC
  • Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello schuetzenhaus,

Can you clarify on the issues you are having between the SoundTouch 300 and the app? What type of device are you using the SoundTouch application on? Did you get the SoundTouch 300 connected to your Wifi network? Is there a solid white light under the SoundTouch logo on the soundbar?

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support