Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nionios
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Soundtouch 300 turns on every time i change source from tv

Hi i would like to ask is it normal every time i turn on my tv soundtouch to 300 to automatically turn on?i would like to select hdmi arc from tv in order to turn on.also if i watch cable at hdmi 1 and shut off soundtouch and hear from tv speakers and then open netflix or youtube soundtouch turns on again.tv is lg oled c8.also i would like to add that every time soundtouch turns on the last led doesnt always lit to show everything is connected which by the way is so i guess is a glitch?one time it is led the other it is not which is strange.

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Re: Soundtouch 300 turns on every time i change source from tv

Hello Nionios, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

Auto on/off for connected devices is generally related to an HDMI CEC setting found on your television. You mentioned you're using an LG tv, so this will be found somewhere in the 'Simplink' settings (Simplink is essentially their branding for HDMI CEC.)

For other users wondering about auto-on/off, the SoundTouch 300 has the ability to turn on automatically when it detects audio. To toggle between auto-wake and the default power setting, press and hold the Power button on the remote control until the soundbar emits a tone: A rising tone means auto-wake is enabled; a descending tone means auto-wake is disabled. This feature is helpful if you are using an optical connection.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nionios
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 300 turns on every time i change source from tv

I ve got autosync from simplink set to off because every time i shutted down souundbar it shutted off my tv too.so its not that i guess.you didn’t answer me about the syncing led which doesn’t light up every time i turn on soundtouch 300.