Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Soundtouch 300, tv as master device.

Greetings all,
My soundtouch 300 is working great, however there is one very annoying issue.
Whenever I am watching tv and my daughter upstairs opens up Spotify and starts a song on her smartphone without changing the output back to her phone, the soundtouch switches to her device. The only way to get back to tv sound is by pressing the tv button on the remote control. Literally the only button I have ever pressed on the remote control after installing the soundtouch 300. The only reason I cant put the remote control at the back of a drawer. Why... give me the option to make the tv the master device, problem solved. Than after shutting the tv of the other devices can connect to the soundtouch. Tv back on: connection with mobile stops and tv sound is back.

It shouldn't be to hard to make, and it would make this premium product one of the best.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300, tv as master device.

Hi Scoutjuh

Thanks for writing in!  

This sounds like something going on specifically on the Spotify app as it shouldn't "hijack" the connection upon opening Spotify, it should default to the phone's internal speakers or Bluetooth device if it's connected before streaming from Spotify.  As an example, I have 6 SoundTouch speakers at home which I've used with the Spotify Connect app before.  Whenever I open the Spotify app, it defaults to the internal iPhone speakers I'm using and only streams to the SoundTouch systems when I select them in the Spotify app.  

There is a setting under "storage" in the Spotify app to delete the cache.  Can we see if this helps on your daughter's phone?

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support