Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Soundtouch 300 v 5.1 audio files

Well I've seen posts relating  to Flac file support going back at least 24 months. I'm very happy to say my systems works.............but only for mono/stereo files. 5.1 surround files are not working for any of the specified formats, AAC, M4A, WMA, OGG, FLAC.  Is it just my system or is it a design defficiency of the product. Comments?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 v 5.1 audio files

Hi solenthunk,

Thanks for the post.  At this time the system does not support 5.1 audio files via SoundTouch (though they are supported via HDMI or Optical).   I can put in a request to see if this is something that can be changed or added to the system with a software update.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 v 5.1 audio files

Hello Brandon, Thanks for your prompt reply, at least I know at the moment I'm "flogging a dead horse" in this respect. I'm working on a possible workaround using Dreamstream and a Chromecast HDMI dongle. However this involves mate/demating of the HDMI input to the soundbar which is not ideal and not good for reliability due to wear and tear. Like you, I'm suspecting a sw patch could enable some multi-channel capability. Certainly I think this would more realise the potential of the product, I have the soundtouch 300 soundbar +matching wireless subwoofer and surround speakers. As an example "FLAC support up to 6 channels" would look good on the spec sheet would it not? So would you mind dropping this in the suggestion box on my behalf, thank you very much. SH