Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Soundtouch 300 won't connect to my 5G wifi network

Hi, can you help... I have dual bandwidth 2.4 and 5gHz networks. Both SSIDs titled under different names so not to confuse, but when I go to choose and connect from my wifi network list, only my 2.4gHz is showing in the list. I thought the Soundtouch 300 was 5gHz compatible. Please advise any solution to connecting to my better 5G network. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 300 won't connect to my 5G wifi network

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kiwibrit

I turned off power to the Bose 300 Soundbar, then rebooted the router and presto, when I powered up, the Soundbar had already picked up the 5G band and all working fine. Thanks for your help!

cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hector_B

Hi Kiwibrit, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Is the Soundbar in range of the 5G network as the 2.4ghz will reach further and maybe the reason that you can see only this band? I would recommend putting the Soundbar on the 2.4ghz network as it won't make any difference to it being on 2.4 over 5gHz. This is because the Soundbar only streams audio and this shouldn't cause any issues with doing so. 

I hope this helps and would love to hear back from you on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Hi Hector, yes the Soundbar is certainly within range by only a couple of feet from the modem which as mentioned is dual band. However, the Soundbar only picks up 2.4gHz band but my Mac Pro laptop picks up the 5G quite some distance away. Be good to know if there is a way it can be picked up since I understand this Soundbar is 5G compatible. Thanks.

cheers Alan

Hector_B

Hi Kiwibrit, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Have you attempted to perform a reset on the router to see if this resolves this issue? Also are other devices in your network able to see this 5G network other than the mac? 

I would also recommend that you ensure your router settings are set to the following: 

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. Multicast: Enable
  3. IGMP: Enable
  4. Wireless Isolation: Disable
  5. IGMP Proxy: Disable
  6. Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  7. Stealth mode: Disable
  8. MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  9. WPS: Disable

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Hi Hector, many thanks for the latest help and guidance. I will reboot first and see how that goes and may look to follow your instructions re. the router. However, as the Soundbar is functioning fine on 2.4gHz this attempt to connect to 5gHz will be more a curiosity than a necessity and as I have one of my devices that will only accept  2.4 (my Kyocera laser printer/scanner copier), I may leave all alone. To answer your question re other devices picking up 5gHz, they would be my iPhone 7plus, Acer Swtich 10 laptop running windows 8.1 and my desktop Macpro 21".

cheers

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Kiwibrit,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know. Please update us when you have tried the troubleshooting and tested. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kiwibrit

I turned off power to the Bose 300 Soundbar, then rebooted the router and presto, when I powered up, the Soundbar had already picked up the 5G band and all working fine. Thanks for your help!

cheers

View solution in original post

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

5gHz is not the same thing as 5G.

Kiwibrit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019