Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Soundtouch 300

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have been having 2 different issues. One with my Soundbar and the other with the acoustimass 300 sub. The sound from the soundbar cuts out intermittently and I'm getting a popping sound from my sub. My system is only 2 months old, the soundbar has been replaced once because of a bluetooth problem. The soundtouch 300 is up to date and also the app is up to date. My router/modem is in a different room, the 2.4Ghz is on channel 11 and no other electronics are near the sub except for the one of the soundtouch 300 satellite speakers (obviously the soundbar is near the tv). The popping just started yesterday. Sound cutting out has been an ongoing issue. $1500 you would think these issues would not be happening.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300

Hi d19r59m.

Thank you for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with your soundbar.

What sources of audio are cutting out?  SoundTouch/bluetooth/HDMI?

Does your router have a 5GHz network?  If so, can we connect as many devices as possible (including the soundbar) to the 5 GHz network?  This will help eliminate interference, which is most likely what is causing the popping noise.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

I actually have 4 networks in my house courtesy of a TPlink access point that I installed, 2/2.4Ghz and 2/5Ghz. My soundbar is already on my Xfinity 5Ghz network. All of my smarthome gadgets are on either one of the 2.4Ghz networks. I may have solved the popping noise, I had one of the ST 300 virtually invisible satellite speakers right next to my sub. I moved it about 2' away and have not heard the popping since.
The sound cutting in and out has been happening since I bought ST300 and only happens when I first turn on the ST300 or when I fast forward on a program that is a DVR recording. Once it's on for 30 seconds or after FF it does not happen. Unfortunately my TV does not have an HDMI Arc input, it does have 4 HDMI inputs. Can I use a regular HDMI input? Right now I have it hooked up through Optical. I also have a Firetv hooked up so the Optical kind of works out well, if I can switch to HDMI how can I have both cable and Firetv without keeping one on Optical?

Thank you,
Dave
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Update, 3 hours after posting my last update. The popping has returned. Question, why did it take 2 months to start making this popping sound? Nothing has changed and we have not added any other devices.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

Are you able to connect anything else to the 5GHz network in order to reduce strain on the 2.4GHz one?  This would be the best course of action, as it sounds like you have quite a few wireless devices in your home.

As well, do you have neighbors nearby?  If so they could have gotten new devices or a stronger router that could be causing interference.

Let's give this a shot and if it doesn't help, we can continue investigating.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, it's an issue that exists and it would appear nothing can be done about it.

When I contacted Bose, it was made out that the issue was an isolated issue, but after starting this thread: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Acoustimass-300-popping-noise/td-p/70053 it would appear it's not.

I've had my sub replaced and the issue still is happening 😞

Not been happy with my purchase at all really, but not much I can do about it now.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Yeah, I've kinda figured that out. I had my soundbar replaced for a bluetooth issue and that actually works now. But, the intermittent sound cutting out has been an issue since day one. The sub popping didn't start until about a week and a half ago. Have had the sub in 5 different areas reset my sound bar way to many times and re-updated a my soundbar a couple times. Nothing seems to help, darn thing is only 2.5 months old and at times I just have to shut it off and listen to TV speakers just to catch all the dialogue. Makes you feel like you wasted $1500.