Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viking
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

Soundtouch 520 - no tv sound

Hi,
Just bought a SoundTouch 520 and a Samsung (UA60JS7200K). The ST works fine for radio etc, but when using TV there's no sound. I'm using the HDMI (ARC). The TV switch off when I turn off the ST, so there's definitely connection.
I've tried both "default" and "alternate" setting for CEC.
ST show LPCM 2.0 when I switch to TV mode
When setting the sound on the tv and searching for external sources nothing is found. No other devices are connected to the tv.
Does anyone have a suggestion on this one? I feel I've been through all settings and nothing seems to do the trick
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 520 - no tv sound

Hi Viking,
Are you watching your TV via a cable or satellite box? If so, this box may need to connect to the "CBL/SAT" input on the back of your SoundTouch 520 and that input may need to be selected on the front of the system.
If the missing sound is instead from streaming apps or other content directly on the Samsung TV, try the following:

1. If you have any other audio connections to the Coax digital or Optical inputs, remove them. Anything connected here will override the HDMI ARC input by default.
  2. Look for an audio menu on the TV which will allow you to disable the built-in TV speakers and switch the Audio output to HDMI ARC
  3. On that same menu, look for format output options (PCM, Bitstream, DTS, Etc.) And test out with each of the output formats to see if one works better than the others. Often "Bitstream" is the best choice, but not always
  4. If all else fails, set up and Optical cable between the TV's digital out and the console. You can use this as an alternate way to transfer the audio instead of HDMI ARC.

Hope this helps!