Highlighted
Kapil1409
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Soundtouch 520 rear speaker issue

I was using sound touch 520 with just 3 front speakers in rental apartment from 2 years (and was happy with it) as I did not want to get the pain of drilling holes in place I was living for some time. 

Now I moved to my own condo and first thing I invested was a professional installation of speakers. I own a Bose so it is worth it.

The rear speaker output is so bad, its almost null in #soundtouch 520 . I tried several tests when the rear srround comes, front speakers take over. 

I ran adapt iq but that did not help too. During adapt iq the rear speakers work perfectly but in actual sceneario it fails terabally . 

Looking at threads it seems many people are facing this issue but BOSE has NOT provided any SOLUTION. I had much higer expectations with Bose, but this is definately a disappointing (and feel my money is wasted). They should know there is something called as product recall, when **bleep** happens you fix it OR recall the product that is what makes you above those cheap systems.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Bose-Soundtouch-520-Surround-sound-not-working-prop...

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundtouch 520 rear speaker issue

Hi Kapil1409,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

What sources are you trying to play?  What do you have plugged into the Bose console?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Kapil1409
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Tied it with Bose radio app, tv, and firestick output is same !
Kapil1409
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Any updates... I mentioned the sources but haven't heard back !

Hi Kapil1409,

Thanks for responding. You mention that 

• The system worked fine before you moved to a different house.
  • When you moved you had the speakers installed professionally. 
  • During the install, when you ran Adapt IQ the rear speakers worked, but when you play sound normally through them it doesn't work.

Would it be possible for you to try swapping out a speaker with one that you know works? ( Sorry to ask, I'm just trying to see where the fault may lie).

Please come back and let us know,

Tony G - Community Support

Kapil1409
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Just to be clear system worked fine before - I don't know (and dont think so too) as I always just used front speakers. I installed rear speakers now. 

I tried switching front and rear speaks to know if it was speaker issue but that did not help. Outcome was still same front speakers works well while rear does not work (or work in specific type of sound like drums being played at end or start of TV series).

Just to add there are many others like me who face same issue (I have shared link in initial post). You need to take a hollistic look at issue and provide soultion please !

Community Manager

Hi Kapil1409

Thanks for the update!  

Let's try a factory default.  The steps can be found HERE to default the system.  If this doesn't seem to work, I'd recommend contacting your local support center by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support