Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Soundtouch APP won't find speakers

Hi,
since the recent app update I have a really annoying issue where the app will (at first) connect to one of my speakers, but then when I re launch the app, I'm presented with the "give us a minute to find this speaker or select a different one", basically rendering my systems useless as I just can't connect.
any suggestions?
72 REPLIES 72
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: Soundtouch APP won't find speakers

I have the same issue, very frustrating.
Apps like Spotify see the speaker but the bose app doesn't which means my SoundTouch 20 and 30 can't be used simultaneously.

Hope you find a solution and can share.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi keef82 and Mansp1,

Can you try a power cycle reboot of your router and system(s) to see if that corrects the issue?

Thank you 

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Me too.  Have a Soundtouch amp and a Soundtouch link.  Worked fine prior to the update, but can now only see one at a time.  Have two WiFi networks in the house, and have tried both (moved both speakers to one network, and then back to the other.  Also, have reset the routers.

Also, the apps do the search for speaker when you start them.

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Ok, a little more debug...

Both the speakers were showing up in the app, but the "Play All" button was greyed out, making me think that I could only play one at a time.  Turns out that the problem was that "Play All" wasn't active until something was actually playing.  After I started some music, I could then hit the play all button and it started working.

From a conceptual standpoint, it would be nice to be able to link two speakers semi-permanently, so that they because a pseudo single speaker.  In my setup, the two rooms are adjacent, and I'd just like to be able to keep them linked.  Also, conceptually, it doesn't seem logical that music has to be playing before I'm able to link them.  I actually think it makes more sense to hit "play all" THEN start the music.

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Hello,
Power cycles did not help.
I disabled the 5ghz mode at my wifi, so now only have 2,4 ghz and it looks like the issue has been solved now. For a few days no more searching for speakers....
Will let you know if the issue resurfaces.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

I'm having the same issue and don't have 5ghz mode.   This has been going on for a week or so.  Power cylcling everything sometimes works but only for a day or so and problem returns.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

I had this problem for about a year and its been incredibly frustrating.  It basically made the whole idea of the system worthless.  I would set up the speakers, everything works great, then in a few hours or up to as long as a day, I would log back into the app, speakers shown in dotted lines, but system could never find the speakers.  And therefore the speakers could never work together.  

I found a setting in my modem that seems to have eliminated the issue.  In the IP settings, the DHCP lease was set by default to renew every hour.  I changed the setting to never renew... this seems to allow the system to recognize and hold the original settings of the initial speaker set-up.  fingers crossed, its worked for two weeks now....

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Hello,
Thank you for your help.
A few weeks ago I changed the settings of my router to stop broadcasting on 5 ghz and only enabled the 2,4 ghz. Since then it works fine, never had an issue anymore.

Best regards,
Patrick
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Recently updated app and converted my 4 Soundtouch Speakers to useless devices, either remote or preset button use only! App displays Give us a minute to find this speaker! - A timeout function would be nice so that we know when the minute started!!

Have read previous posts in various threads, I find it rather frustrating that Bose Tech are not replying with what they are doing. If many people with different setups are seeing the same issue then its fair to assume the fault lies within an App/System update.

Been using these speakers for around a year or so and never had any issues with them or wifi connectivity, my home network has not changed either.

my current status is I can connect once per day on one iPad only, other iPads/iPhones will not connect.

Bose - Please roll back to previous App version, or review release notes and figure out what you have broken!

Heres hoping you can help us get some value back from these expensive devices.