nehlsr1
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: Soundtouch APP won't find speakers the same problem with my Galaxy S^

I have the same issue with my and my wife's Galaxy S6.  Both were working very well until the update that changed the interface (last fall).  Since then I've uninstalled the app and cleared the cache many times. Reset the router many times. Rebooted the speaker many times. At first I had intermittent problems finding the speaker now I can't find it ever.  I do have an older Galaxy Tab 3 that I downloaded the app on and it works fine.  Also able to run the app from my PC. Like I said, the older app was solid and everything worked well until the new interface was pushed out.  Is there a way to go back to the old interface for my pnones?

Bosefenatic
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Re: Soundtouch APP won't find speakers

I am having a similar problem as well. It's beyond frustrating! My phone is set up with my soundtouch speakers and my iPhone play list will play but the app won't open it keeps going to find my Bose wifi and won't go to the main screen. HELP!!!!!!

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Bosefenatic, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Which system do you have? Can you try to unplug the system and your router from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Do you get an error message when you launch the app?

Thank you 

kiatng
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

What I found to work is to use only the 2.4GHz wifi in my phone and not use the 5GHz. Background: I have Soundtouch 20, 10, and Cinemate 130 + Wireless Adapter. I have the Bose app and Spotify in Win10 (etherent cable) and Adroid (wifi).  While I have no problem playing Soundtouch 20 & 10 from both Win10 and Android (and Bose app and Spotify), I consistently had problem with lost speaker on the Cinemate 130 on both Win10 and Android (and Bose app and Spotify). When I restricted Android to use only 2.4GHz, both find the speaker happily. I have tried countless time-consuming methods such as restarting, reinstalling, resetting before. It's worth a try to see if this works for you.

jricha22@gmu.edu
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2017

How did you access your modem settings? This sounds like something similar to the problem I'm having. I reset everything, it works, then later the app will not find the speaker.
kiatng
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

I didn't change any setting in the modem or access point or router. I just disable auto-connect the 5GHz wifi network in Android (where I have the Bose app) setting and make sure I only connect to the 2.4Ghz network.

Mskak
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

I'm back! Did you miss me, Bose?

To new readers: This thread is about the terrible Bose app for Android phones, that can't find the Bose system.

In my case, I've had a Samsung Galaxy S6 for a couple of years, and during that time constantly having problems finding the speakers. It will say that it is searching, it will say "hmmm can't find any of your speakers" and I will then turn to this forum where I will be searching for help. But the only kind of reply I will get is from a chat robot (it at least that's what it seems) asking to reboot and going into system configurations of routers, places where no non-tech users should have to go. Ever! Meanwhile, on the same phone, I can start the lovely Spotify app, and it will immediately find the speakers, and start playing.
It has been so for years now, with a short intermezzo, where Bose actually made a version of the app that worked.
I've now upgraded my phone too the Galaxy S8, which is a marvel in all areas. But if anyone who have been reading my posts before would have thought that the problems were probably due to my phone, I'm sorry to report that the app still doesn't work.

I don't know how long it worked, and when it stopped, because I don't use it on a daily basis. But it doesn't work!

So, I have to quote the most angry post I have ever made in any forum below. Because that was what seemed to get Bose on the move last time. So here goes:

"I am sorry to inform you, that you won't be getting a solution to this problem, which hundreds of users have reported over the years.
It's always the same issue: the Soundtouch app works fine when you install it, but after a short while it cannot connect/find your speaker anymore. It will just keep you waiting without any useful error description.
I've been having this issue for years, been reading and searching through countless threads, been filled with the same BS from Bose employees about the configuration of routers. They will be asking for tons of debugging information, and in the end, they will just ask you to reconfigure your router or, if you're really lucky, getting in the hands of a beginner, they'll be asking you to reboot!
The router configuration changes might work for the few who knows how to access that, but the wast majority of the users will just be sitting, like me, wondering why the .... Spotify can access the Bose speaker through their app flawlessly, while Boses own app cannot!
Bose: I really like your product, but your app, support and ability to help people making it work stinks!
I don't expect any sensible reply to this. It will probably be deleted. I hope You, on the other hand, don't expect us to buy your products, ever again!"

Again: this is Bose Soundtouch app for Android were talking about. In my case on a SGS8.
poz
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Hello,

the app work in some bad way on my laptop but it doesn't on the smartphone: if I haden't a PC I couldn't listen the music!!! No sense.

Antway the app on the pc is crap. It's not clear how to use it, doesn't find the music library.

And I'm an electronic engineer: I just think about the people that doesn't understand software.

If at work I'd do such a bad app a would be fired.

I have one sound touch 10 and one 20 and every time I switch them on they are unsincronized: I have to switch on the PC and syncronize them every time: if I had known this I would have gone for Sonos.

I'm going to ask a refound to Bose giving them back this unusefull stuff: I bought it for relaxing and I get always hungry.

dizzydean1
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2017

I created a profile just to make this 1 post. I am just livid. Why can't the app on my phone find my speaker? The speaker is connected to my netwrork. How is it possible that the Spotify app finds my speaker with no problem but the Bose app cannot? I can use the Bose app on my computer without issue. I chose Bose over other manufacturers because I thought it was the best company. I couldn't be more wrong. I see others have gotten very little resolve with this problem. Does Bose not even try to help and correct the issue?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi dizzydean1,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone application not finding your SoundTouch speaker.

Is your phone connected to your Wi-Fi?
What type of phone do you have?  Android or iPhone?

Have you done a power cycle to your wireless router yet?  If not, unplug the power from it for 30 seconds, then reconnect and test again.

Thanks,

Brandon