novajohn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Soundtouch APP won't find speakers

Since the update earlier this week I have problems finding speakers.  App is loaded on several computers and IPhones and each one works differently and not consistantly.  Speakers may be playing but app says it cant find speaker.  On another device that speaker is there but others are missing. Closing and opening the app changes which speakers are available but never having all speakers available even though they are playing.  You can open the app and the speaker is there but the slidder does not control the volume.  Very frustrating to run from device to device finding one that will control the speaker.

40 REPLIES 40
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch APP won't find speakers

Hi novajohn,

We've just released an interface update for the SoundTouch App a couple of days ago which should help with system detection.  If you could, please try rebooting your devices, along with power cycling your Bose system, and test again to see if you're having the same issues.

Best Regards,

Brandon

novajohn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I have to reboot speakers on a daily basis and I am continually restarting the app on desktop computers to no avail..  The app on my IPhone seems to work the best but from a computer based app it is unusable.  Never do all 5 speakers show as connected even through there is music playing from them. When you close and reopen the app a different set of speakers become active but again never all.  Many times the music displayed in the app is not what is playing and frequently the volumn sliders do not change the volumn. All of this started with the last upgrade prior to that these problems did not exist.  We are now forced to only use our Iphones to control the SoundTouch app which many time is more inconvenient than the PC.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi novajohn, 

I am very sorry to hear that this is still ongoing. Can you try to unplug your router from power for 30 seconds along with any additional access points you may be using? In your set up, are you using a switch? If so, can you also try to unplug the switch as well from power to see if we can get the systems all working again? What is the make and model of your router and switch? Are you using a Mac or PC?

Thank you 

mattius
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

A lot of people are experiencing this since 14.0.33, i have pointed out to Bose what is wrong in a thread weeks/months ago, although as usual that got ignored.

Since 14.0.33 the speakers stop responding to SSDP requests randomly after a period of innactivity, the only solution is to power cycle the speaker, sometimes they last a few days, sometimes a week, but eventually they just stop responding to the SSDP request.

It seems to be worse the 2.4ghz wifi on the soundtouch (bose will say its interfernece, interestingly nothing else suffers as bad as the soundtouch), if you have it try switching your speakers to a 5ghz network.

The standard response from Bose for most things is to power cycle your router, its the speaker at fault not the router.

terry1967
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

I have this same problem, I have 4 sound touch systems. Every time I open the app I have different speakers working. We pay an awful lot of money to Bose for their equipment why can't they make it work properly and why are we all having to go through all these trouble shooting steps to try to sort the problems out, surly Bose should be able to make their equipment work properly. All they seem to do is blame all of your other equipment.

novajohn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I wrote that message in March and it is now August and there is no improvement.  If anything it is worse.  I have changed out routers and modems to improve my home network and hopefully try and improve the response from the Bose application but no luck. 

terry1967
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

It is ridiculous, when you speak to them they act as though its odd but the more I look into it the more common it seems to be.

novajohn
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

My latest problem is that everytime we turn on the TV, whether or not Soundtouch is playing, it shuts down all soundtouch speakers and when restarted, after a long time to find the speakers, the playlist has returned to the begining.  Since the playlist always plays in the same order I hear the same songs over and over.  This also happens for no apparent reason.  All of a sudden I hear a loud squelch and the music stops.  restarting forces you back to the begining of ther playlist.  I can recreat the TV stopping Soundtouch but the squelch stop is not recreatable for me.

AblesChapin
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2014

I have two speakers. I used to be able to control them both easily from the soundtouch app on my iPhone, iMac or iPad.  Now, the iPhone app loses one speaker or another daily.  If it finds one, it cannot connect to the other without having to go through 'setup'.  After going through 'setup' each day with the speaker it cannot see, it will work fine until I turn them off again for the night, and I have to 'setup' the one it cannot see all over again.   Nothing changed on my end (same wifi network).  Something changed with an app update push, I am pretty certain, and it was the iPhone app push for the Soundtouch.  The others seem to be working ok.  Very strange.  I do with they would fix the iPhone app as this is the device I always have with me to control the speakers, not the iPad or iMac which are not always with me.