Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Soundtouch App - Desktop Windows 10 Upgrade

My Windows 10 PC recently went through an upgrade from Microsoft.  After the upgrade I could no longer access the iTunes music on my computer with the Soundtouch app.  I deleted the iTunes music service from the desktop app and I when try to add the service back the option to add iTunes is grayed out. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App - Desktop Windows 10 Upgrade

Author Accepted Answer selected by mmiller924

The version on Windows 10 I upgraded to was not the most current version and it had issues according to Microsoft.  I upgraded to a newer version of Windows 10 and the problem disappeared.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jessie_O

Hi Mmiller924, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your SoundTouch application following your Windows 10 update.

To help resolve this, I would recommend uninstalling the application from your desktop. Once complete, re-install the application. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application.  That did not work.  Why is iTunes grayed out?

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this mmiller924, 

There are a few basic things that we should check to ensure that everything is set up as it should be. Firstly we want to check that "Share iTunes XML with other applications" is checked. To do this simply open iTunes >Edit > Preferences > Advanced. Be sure "Share iTunes XML with other applications" is checked

Next we want to open iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Sharing. Be sure "Share my library on my local network" is checked. Then, check either "Share entire library" or "Share selected playlists" to share selections. 

Once you have checked and adjusted these settings, a restart of the computer may be needed for these iTunes settings changes to take effect.

Can you please also let us know where you install the iTunes app from? Was it via the Windows App Store or via the Apple website? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I reinstalled iTunes on my PC, and that solved the issue with being able to add the service, however now the Bose app continually says this:

mmiller924_0-1596210873125.png

mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I also checked the settings you referenced, as they are as you indicated.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi mmiller924,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear you've managed to add the library back to your account!

When you first add your music library to the SoundTouch app it will index the library so it has all the necessary information available. While indexing, you won't be able to access the music. and this can take up to 10 minutes depending on the size of your library.

If it has been longer than 10 minutes and you still get this message, then the next step will be to close the SoundTouch app and restart your computer. When it boots back up and you re-open the app it will restart the connection to the library.

Let me know how this goes!

mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

It did take longer than 10 minutes, so I rebooted.  Unfortunately, still getting the same message.

Jessie_O

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I would recommend making sure that all your music files are stored locally and not on the cloud. 

Can you tell me if you download iTunes from the App Store or the Apple website? I ask as you will need to download from the Apple website. If you haven't please uninstall and reinstall from the site.

Let me know how you get on! 

mmiller924
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

My music is stored both locally on the PC and in the cloud.  iTunes was installed from Apple.  Still no luck.