Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 19, 2016

Soundtouch App for ST300

I've downloaded the app, but the ST300 isn't listed, to be able to move forward. I've tried using the set up for other systems, but they don't work.
Also, will this app allow me to adjust the bass, treble, balance, etc', similar to the Sonos app, sometimes the bass on the SUB is way to strong.
Can anyone help ?
Mark.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 19, 2016

Re: Soundtouch App for ST300

Hi Mark, try putting the SoundTouch 300 in setup mode by hitting the music note on the remote and then searching for it with the app.  I found that I needed to do that last night when settings things up for the first time (and trying differnt things to get going).  From there hopefully you will be able to rename it and then download and install the latest update.
There appears to be a few other quirky things going on where it disconnects from my TV on random occassions, will see how that pans out.  Also, I noticed that you cannot pair the surround sound speakers (and I'm guessinf the sub as well) if you have the ADAPTiQ headset plugged in.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 19, 2016

Oh also, it does not appear that you can adjust the bass, treble, balance, etc. in the app although I may be missing something.  You can however adjust the bass by hitting the bass button on the remote, then hitting the volume + button multiple times, and then hitting the bass button again.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 18, 2016

Hey Mark - When you are setting this up and you hit Connect to WiFi Network, then it fails, click on the "I Do Not See This Network". From there the device list comes up and the SoundTouch 300 is not on the list. Hit the HELP button to the right and there is an option that says "I have a SoundTouch 300 soundbar. What do I do?"
It basically says (1) hit the SoundTouch button (2) Press and hold 9 until the indicators blink (3) when the light is amber, go back in the app, hit cancel, then select Connect With WiFi" 
Should be straight forward from there but you basically need to go into the phone WiFi settings and choose the BOSE network momentarily.