Highlighted
Almat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2015

Re: Soundtouch App for Windows Phone??

Where are you Bose? Little response to peoples requests, little or no updates to the ecosystem. I am, like many others, extremely dissapointed with your product since the release of Soundtouch. Put some more people in your software department or ditch this soundtouch disaster. Are Bose even still interested? I see little or no responses to this community, just a bunch of us who are shattered by the prices you charge and the lack of new features. Windows universal app please, the current desktop version is crap.
JAMESTOWNLEY1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2014

I too would like a universal windows app for Windows 10, the current PC version is not easy to use with a touch screen device. Some news or update from bose would be nice as one of the windows threads has sat on the highest scored for a while now so there must be demand for this. Even if Bose tell us how much demand they need to see for developing or combine all the threads together for this.
DanK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2016

This seems like a great product that would work well for my home.  I would be interested in getting multiple speakers for various rooms. However, I'm waiting to pull the trigger on my purchase until there's an update that a universal windows app is coming.  Any news?  Thanks!    
KayB
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Dear BOSE Team, where are your comments ??? Instead of saying nothing you should comment the above and work on an app for windows phones. It´s a shame for a company like BOSE to act like here.

geoffreyg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 6, 2016

Agile Tea did it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/agile-tea-pro-remote-for-bose-soundtouch/9nblggh4lzwb?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendpress
It works and is a great alternative until Bose creates a Windows UWP
MikeyTT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2016

I'll add another request for this. I'm looking to replace my 6 Logitech devices with a new sound system. Sonos, Denon and Bose are my leading 3, but non have Windows phone or proper Windows app touchscreen support. First one to release this support gets my business. Given everything Microsoft is doing to offer up universal app support and by buying Xamarin to truly offer great solutions in this space, it's disappointing companies like Bose are stuck in their iOS, Android or the highway approaches.
MikeyTT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2016

So as of Sunday the 15th, I'm now the owner of a Sonos system. Whilst Sonos are just as bad at not supporting Windows phone/touch users, they have a thriving community where a couple (at least) Windows Phone/Touch apps exist. Having demo'd this at home over the weekend I was sold. Our 950s, Linx8/10s and 2 in 1s all work brilliantly with Chirp. Both Bose and Denon are trying to brek into this market. You absolutely need to differentiate yourselves in a tightly contested market. Showing a bit of love to Windows platform users would give you an immediate head start as the only system to support these users. Ok, so we're not in the multiples of tens of millions like other platforms, but we are not an insignificant number either. 
silkie
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2016

Just so you know guys while Bose take their time sorting this out I have been using Microsofts Remote Desktop app from my phone to control my PC version of the sound app software. Annoying but it works...
SSarma
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2015

I have been using the SoundTouch for nearly 8 months. As soon as I purchased the device, I visited the forum to request a Windows 10 Mobile (WP) app. I havent see the status change much since then. I was so keen to buy sonos, but was compelled into buying a bose instead. Its not just the app, its also the support for music streaming. Bose doesnt support Amazon Music and other popular streaming services.
With Project Centennial available to everyone, I dont see why Bose cant just simply convert their desktop app for the mobile platform.
Bose keeps saying if there are enough people requesting for an app, they will develop one. Can someone please say what this magic number is? I think maybe a new twitter rant might get the momentum going!
felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

MS provides tools to convert desktop or IOS apps to Windows, but BOSE seems to have any interest in making it.  their excuse is the poor market share that WP has, but at the same time they are ignoring the milliions of Windows 10 computer devices with touchscreens