Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2018

Soundtouch App on Iphone Can't find speakers - But Spotify can!

My Wave IV is playing wonderful music right now from Spotify on my iPhone 8.  The speakers and my iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.  When I look in the Spotify app it is playing music to the device.  Bluetooth is NOT on so I know it streaming the music over Wi-Fi.  However, when I open the Soundtouch app it searches and fails to find my speakers.

Even though my Wave is clearly connected to WiFi I constantly cannot see it via the app.

I have to re-add the speaker a lot to my wifi but I also really struggle to get to go into setup mode.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch App on Iphone Can't find speakers - But Spotify can!

Hi alicat4,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that the SoundTouch app seems to be experiencing issues with detecting your SoundTouch system. I'd be happy to help! I know you've already tried some great troubleshooting steps (thank you for providing these details!), but I'm going to provide a complete list of troubleshooting steps we should go through for an issue like this. Please give these steps a try, and let us know if any of these steps resolve the issue!

1. Reboot your router and SoundTouch system(s)
    • Disconnect the power cords for 1 minute before reconnecting (router and SoundTouch systems). 
    • If you have a series I or II SoundTouch Portable, 20, or 30, you can reset by holding the AUX button on the SoundTouch system for 10 seconds. 
  2. If you have a dual-band router, ensure that each band has a separate SSID (network name).
    • Within your router settings, check to see if the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network bands are sharing the same network name. If so, change one or both. A common practice would be to simply add "5g" at the end of the 5GHz network name. 
    • Reboot your router after making this change.
    • Ensure that both your mobile device and SoundTouch systems are connected to the same network. 
  3. Check your system(s) RSSI (signal strength)
    • In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left.
    • Choose "Settings" -> About"
    • Select the desired system to view that system's information. Signal strength is listed as "RSSI Signal Strength"
    • Ideally, you should see GOOD or GREAT. If you don't see either of these indications, you may want to consider moving the system closer to your router or connecting via Ethernet if your SoundTouch system allows. 
  4. Remove and re-add your SoundTouch system(s) to your SoundTouch account
    • Open the SoundTouch app
    • Select the menu icon in the top-left corner
    • Select Settings
    • Select Speaker Settings
    • Select your Speaker
    • Select REMOVE and confirm by selecting REMOVE again
    • Select ADD SPEAKER on the next screen that appears
      • If this doesn't appear, navigate back to the Menu > Settings> Add or Reconnect Speaker
    • Select "Speaker already connected to network"
    • Select the speaker and follow the remaining on-screen instructions to complete setup.
    • Repeat the above steps for any additional SoundTouch speakers. 
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the SoundTouch app
    • Download links can be found here
  6. If possible, connect your SoundTouch systems to the 5GHz network band, to avoid wireless interference on the 2.4GHz band.
    • Wireless interference is far more common in the 2.4GHz band as opposed to 5GHz. If you have a newer SoundTouch system that allows a connection to the 5GHz band (e.g. SoundTouch 10, 20III,30III, SoundTouch 300, LS600/650, SA5, etc.) but is currently connected to the 2.4GHz band, try switching over to 5GHz. The following factory-default steps should be used to reset the system's network connection. 
  7. Factory-default your system and re-add it to your SoundTouch account. 
    • Factory-default instructions can vary from one system to the next. For systems with the 6 preset buttons located on the top, you can hold Volume - and 1 simultaneously for 10 seconds. For other systems, please see our support page. Locate your product, and navigate to the appropriate factory reset instructions for your system. 
    • Steps to re-add your system can be found here

Thank you,

- Brian