Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

Soundtouch App on Iphone Can't find speakers

Hello, 

I've been using the soundtouch app on my iphone 6s for a few months now without issue.   The music service i use is my itunes library from my windows laptop.   Imports no prob and has played fine.  

Suddenly a couple weeks ago i cant access my library from my phone at all.   I CAN do it from my laptop though without issue.   When try to access my music library on my phone it says Error 6304.. try again in a few seconds.   If i go to the speaker section of the app on my phone and press the "music note" symbol to use the feature where you'd play from your phone... i get error 1036.   

Now... if i go to my laptop and try to play there... i get no issue.. and then SUDDENLY the phone app will then work.  Like the laptop sort of kicks it in gear.   

I"ve tried deleting my library and readding it.   I've tried deleting the speaker and readding it.   Deleting the app and re adding.   I've done all 3 and started from scratch.    nothing seems to work.  

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Soundtouch App on Iphone Can't find speakers

Hi tbarnes42,

When this issue is occurring on your phone, are you able to navigate to the Internet Radio source within the SoundTouch application, and play any station on the system? If this issue is isolated to using the Music Library from the phone, and does not occur if you try to play a different source such as Internet Radio or Pandora, it is most likely the computer/hard drives going to sleep. This would explain why it works when you are on the computer, since the computer would wake up and allow the phone to access the music library. Which operating system is the computer running? If we know which operating system version you're running we can give more specific instructions on how to check if this is the case.

If the issue occurs with Internet Radio or another source as well, have you tried to reboot your router as well as the system by unplugging the power cord for a full two minutes, then plugging the power cord back in?

Let us know the answers to the questions above and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

HI Michael, 

Thanks for the reply.   

I actually CAN play a radio station... but cant seem to play my library.  

When this happens.... and I troubleshoot it... I'm right next to the computer.   It definitely hasnt gone to sleep.  The screen is still on.   Plus, usually when I play music... I just turned the computer on just prior to trying to connect with my phone while around the house.  

In fact... as i type this... I'm trying while using my phone.  no go... still same error. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi tbarnes42,

Thanks for the follow-up. Even though the computer may not be asleep, the hard drives could be turning off. Would you mind navigating into the Energy Saver options within the computer, and making sure that the option "Put hard discs to sleep whenever possible" is unchecked?

Can you also attempt to reboot the router as well as the system by unplugging the power cord for a full minute, then plugging the power cord back in? Also, what would be the model number of your router?

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there!

-Michael

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

OK.. Thanks..

I'll check on that setting tonight when i get home from work.   But the hard discs wouldnt be sleep as i was actively on the computer, typing repsonses to this right?   I was sitting on the couch working... and tested the phone app.   still same error.  

I did reboot the router.  That seemed to solve the "error 1036" issue.   but not the "error 6304" issue.  

Thanks, Terry

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

Hi Michael.

The computer is definitely on.... and hard drive running. I’m doing thibgs here and there and I can hear the hard drive spinning. The app still does not work in my phone and it’s giving the same error.