Fryzy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Soundtouch App on Iphone "Can't find speakers on network"

I’m having trouble with Soundtouch 20 ap the soundtouch ap in iPhone. I have read all the troubleshooting tips on website to no avail!

System works fine using mac computer (set up using USB cable) but I can’t get it to work on the phone ap.

When trying to set up using soundtouch mobile ap on iPhone I go through process, add Wi-Fi password only to wait a while before ap saying “Mobile devise can’t find speaker on network”

The most frustrating thing is that when I purchased the system a year or two ago it worked fine on my computer and my iPhone!

I was about to purchase a second souchtouch system but hesitant to do so until I can be sure this is not an ongoing issue!

10 REPLIES 10
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch App on Iphone "Can't find speakers on network"

Hi Fryzy, 

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. Is your phone connected to the same network as the system? Which iPhone do you have? Curiously, what version of iOS is on the phone? Can you check the version of software that you have on the ST20 as well as which version of the SoundTouch app is on your phone? The procedure to do this is HERE. If there is a mismatch in versions, it could cause this. For example, if your app on the phone is newer than the version on the system, then they may not be able to communicate. Have you tried rebooting your phone and unplugging the system from power for 30 seconds? If you haven't done so already, can you try to unplug your router from power for 30 seconds? Are you using VPN on your phone? Can you try to disable this and re-test? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Fryzy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Hi Brent,

My phone is an iphone 6 and version of IOS ius 11.1.2

The soundtouch ap version is 15.120.23.

I have tried rebooting my phone etc and no success. Not sure about VPN or how to disable this.

Do the IOS version and sountouch version match? Is so how do i check the VPN thing? 

Thanks,

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Fryzy,

Thank you for the additional information. Based on your first post, it sounds like you've already got your SoundTouch 20 system connected and working with your Mac computer, correct? If you look at your SoundTouch 20, does it show a solid white Wi-Fi indicator?

If so, the majority of the work is actually already done. When beginning the setup process on your iPhone, select "My system is already connected to the network" instead of the Wi-Fi option. Let us know if this works!

Let us know if your system is showing something different than a solid white Wi-Fi indicator on the front display, and we can investigate the issue further. 

Best regards,

Brian

Wsierraalta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Hi, I’m having the same issue.

I’ve been trying to connect my Bose Soundtouch 30, it actually connects to the WiFi but seems the app can’t find it. Is very frustrating.

Please abide team.. help me!!!
Wsierraalta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Hi, I’m having the same issue.

I’ve been trying to connect my Bose Soundtouch 30, it actually connects to the WiFi but seems the app can’t find it. Is very frustrating.

Please abide team.. help me
Highlighted
Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Same thing is happening with me as well. Speakers are connected to my network and white light is solid but are not showing up in the app or Spotify connect
mark.brown
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

have the same issue with st10.. setup on wifi through Mac, but phone cannot see/connect to

@Fryzywrote:

I’m having trouble with Soundtouch 20 ap the soundtouch ap in iPhone. I have read all the troubleshooting tips on website to no avail!

System works fine using mac computer (set up using USB cable) but I can’t get it to work on the phone ap.

When trying to set up using soundtouch mobile ap on iPhone I go through process, add Wi-Fi password only to wait a while before ap saying “Mobile devise can’t find speaker on network”

The most frustrating thing is that when I purchased the system a year or two ago it worked fine on my computer and my iPhone!

I was about to purchase a second souchtouch system but hesitant to do so until I can be sure this is not an ongoing issue!

FedUp!!!
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

They won’t reply. Mine haven’t worked right in four months.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you all for posting. Sorry to hear that you are all running into this issue. I'd like to gather more information about the mobile devices and routers you are using.

• What type of devices are you using with the SoundTouch systems and operating system versions?
  • Has any troubleshooting been performed?
  • If not, please reset your devices (router, SoundTouch systems, mobile devices and/or computers) and make sure all devices are on the same WIFI network.
  • What SoundTouch systems do you currently own?
  • When did this last work without issue?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel