Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickom
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2016

Soundtouch App on iphone and computer can't find my music library

I have 3 soundtouch 10 speakers and I reconnected them to my network as it had changed slightly.

I also have a new computer and set up a new music library on it.

However I can't get the app to find the library.

When I go to Add Service -  Music Services - Music Library on Computer - My music library This Computer - Add Music Library   ---  on next page both iTunes and Windows Media Player music library options are greyed out and so cannot be selected (mine is an iTunes Library).

I would appreciate any advice on this issue please.

Regards,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch App on iphone and computer can't find my music library

Author Accepted Answer selected by patrickom

Hey patrickom,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be happy to help!

First, let's check a setting within iTunes on your new computer:

• Open iTunes
  • Select "Preferences" or "iTunes preferences". The wording varies by version.
    • On a Windows PC, click Edit in the menu bar. If the menu bar is not visible, press the Alt key
    • On a Mac, click iTunes at the top of the screen.
  • Click "Advanced"
  • Make sure "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is checked. 

If your computer is a Windows computer, be sure media streaming is enabled:

• Open Control Panel
  • Select Network and Internet
  • Select Network and Sharing Center
  • In the column on the left, select Change Advanced Sharing Settings
  • In the section titled "Home or Work", locate the sub-section titled "Media Streaming" and click on the "Choose media streaming options..." link. If this sub-section cannot be seen, the Home or Work section may need to be expanded by clicking on the circular button to the right of the section title. 
  • In the Media Streaming options screen, click on "Turn on media streaming"
  • The SoundTouch system should appear among the list of devices on the local network. If access is blocked, click on the button labeled "Blocked" and select "Allowed". 
  • If the SoundTouch system does not appear among the list of devices on the local network, change the "Show device on" option to "All Networks" and check this list to ensure that no SoundTouch systems are listed as blocked. 

Be sure your wireless network is private (password protected) and not public. 

Also, be sure that SoundTouch is allowed by your Windows/Mac firewall, as well as any additional 3rd-party anti-virus programs. 

Let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by patrickom

Hey patrickom,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be happy to help!

First, let's check a setting within iTunes on your new computer:

• Open iTunes
  • Select "Preferences" or "iTunes preferences". The wording varies by version.
    • On a Windows PC, click Edit in the menu bar. If the menu bar is not visible, press the Alt key
    • On a Mac, click iTunes at the top of the screen.
  • Click "Advanced"
  • Make sure "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is checked. 

If your computer is a Windows computer, be sure media streaming is enabled:

• Open Control Panel
  • Select Network and Internet
  • Select Network and Sharing Center
  • In the column on the left, select Change Advanced Sharing Settings
  • In the section titled "Home or Work", locate the sub-section titled "Media Streaming" and click on the "Choose media streaming options..." link. If this sub-section cannot be seen, the Home or Work section may need to be expanded by clicking on the circular button to the right of the section title. 
  • In the Media Streaming options screen, click on "Turn on media streaming"
  • The SoundTouch system should appear among the list of devices on the local network. If access is blocked, click on the button labeled "Blocked" and select "Allowed". 
  • If the SoundTouch system does not appear among the list of devices on the local network, change the "Show device on" option to "All Networks" and check this list to ensure that no SoundTouch systems are listed as blocked. 

Be sure your wireless network is private (password protected) and not public. 

Also, be sure that SoundTouch is allowed by your Windows/Mac firewall, as well as any additional 3rd-party anti-virus programs. 

Let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

patrickom
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2016

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have checked the iTunes preferences and confirm that the "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is checked. 

I have also checked the media streaming on the control panel as you set out and under the heading “Choose media streaming options for computers and devices”, the 3 speakers are listed and the allowed box for each is checked. For each it states “Allowed access using default settings. This device can’t access your media when your PC sleeps.”

I have checked the default settings and it basically allows all pictures, music etc.

There are two other devices listed, one “Media programs on this PC and remote connections….”. and the other “[TV]UE40ES7000”. Not sure what these refer to but both are checked ‘allowed’ anyway.

I notice the App itself isn’t listed, only the speakers. I presume this is OK as it isn’t a device. Is this correct?

I then restarted the computer in case that was necessary.

Unfortunately when I went add the music library again, it failed at the same point, the iTunes library (and Windows Media Player library) are greyed out and can’t be selected.

The one thing I wasn’t able to do was to check that it wasn’t being blocked by a firewall. Please explain how to do this.

Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Patrick

patrickom
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2016

Hi Brian,

Just to let you know that I checked that the firewalls weren't creating a problem. They didnt appear to be, but, in any case when I checked again I was able to load the library to the SoundTouch app so all has been sorted.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Patrick

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Patrick, 

That's great to hear! Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you