Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikusCaesar
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Soundtouch App won't sync music library

Hi there,

When I tried to re-sync my Music Library already paired with the SoundTouch app, it wouldn't update. I followed the instructions on the website, then uninstalled and reinstalled the SoundTouch app on my Macbook. When I went to re-add my Music Library, the application will not let me physically select 'My iTunes music library', nor 'My Windows Media Player music library'.

I've tried to reinstall the app now several times, but still with the same problem! Anyone have a fix/the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch App won't sync music library

Author Accepted Answer selected by MikusCaesar

Hi MikusCaesar,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Is your MacBook running the latest MacOS Catalina? If so, Mac have changed iTunes to Apple Music with Catalina, which has made it so you are no longer able to add the library to the SoundTouch app. You can find more information on this and other changes caused by Catalina HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by MikusCaesar

Hi MikusCaesar,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Is your MacBook running the latest MacOS Catalina? If so, Mac have changed iTunes to Apple Music with Catalina, which has made it so you are no longer able to add the library to the SoundTouch app. You can find more information on this and other changes caused by Catalina HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

MikusCaesar
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. I hope Bose manage to find a solution soon. It seems like they can't keep on top of these updates, what with waiting for AirPlay 2 for an age and now this! Thanks all the same for letting me know! 🙂

Vradenburgs
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Very frustrated with the Soundtouch app for the same reasons.  Bose seems to think it is ok not to support the latest version of Apple products.  While I appreciate the quality of sound on my Bose speakers I'm not sure I will buy again given this lack of support.  Sorry to see you didn't get a reply.