Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Soundtouch Aux input distribution works!

I am really thrilled that Soundtouch update for aux input distribution has finally arrived. Albeit still a Beta at present. I would just like to feed back some issues about it to give them the best chance of being fixed. Apologies if they are already in progress:
(I am not sure if there is any reliable way to feed this back to Bose but I will try this forum first).

1 - It does indeed drop out quite regularly when more than two speakers are used, as they warn in the beta release notes, but pretty reliable on two speakers.  
2 - The delay gets worse as you add more speakers which is not surprising but it does mean that for TV picture sync it is really only possible to have the sound on the SA5 alone. However we can now relay the TV sound to another room which is nice if we want to briefly go to the kitchen for example and still hear the TV sound, albeit delayed. Of course the delay is not a problem for playing CD's (slightly puzzling the first few times you change tracks and nothing happens until after the delay).
3 - I have found the app does not behave very well with the new feature. The volume settings keep defaulting to zero each time you reopen the app or when adding/removing speakers, and it gives the impression that it is not working until you realise the volume has changed. There is also a suspicion that the volume settings do not change on all the speakers in quite the right way. When you change volume they seem to end up not balanced as expected. This all happens regardless of whether the Aux input is being used.
4 - When the app is running on an android mobile for a while it will often show "no wifi available" when you go back to it even though the Wifi is all there and working. The app has to be force closed and opened again.

Any comments welcome - especially "yes, these are all being fixed!"

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Aux input distribution works!

Hi charliejmonk,

Thanks for the post!

For the first three points, I'll get those sent up to the software development team as they love to hear about usage reports.

For number four, I do have a couple of question.  What mobile device are you using?  Can you get a model number?  What version of Android are you running as well?  This only happens on the android device, correct?

Best Regards,

Brandon

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Hello 

would love this feature to use with TV from my Soundtouch 300 to Soundtouch 10. Currently TV is connected as HDMI / ARC ... do I need to add another connection with the TV to use the aux broadcast ? 

Thanks Bjoern

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Thanks for passing this on. For No. 4 my phone is a very new Samsung S7. Android 7.0. I have not seen this on my laptop but I do frequently use both devices at once for controlling Soundtouch.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

My TV is hard wired to one of the two aux inputs of the SA5 then it can be distributed to other soundtouch devices. This also works with the aux input of any Soundtouch device I have. I am not familiar with the 300 but I guess it should be the same. BUT note there is a huge time delay when using more than one speaker so not great for TV. You need the latest firmware update on all your devices.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

I have the same issue as the OP mentioned in item 4.

This happens on both my andriod devices Samsung Note 5 with android 7 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.

This has been happening both with v15 and v16. Although I got my ST300 with version 14, I don't remember if happened with v14 as I only had the system a few day before the v15 update got pushed out.