Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Soundtouch Bose bad working as speakers for Air Play connection via IPhone6 and LG 55UG870V

Hello,
I have this kind of problem - when I share video registered from my device  (Iphone 6 IOS 9.0.2) to my LG TV'screen - via AirPlay connection - the AppleTV menu offers the possibility to use the Bose Soundtouch System as speakers for the audio of the video but it doesn.t work always... it goes and don't goes.
Do you have any tutorial or guide or suggestions about it? Do I have to select something more in the options?
Thank you for answer and I apologize if my english is not too good.
Fabrizio
Roma, Italy
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Re: Soundtouch Bose bad working as speakers for Air Play connection via IPhone6 and LG 55UG870V

Fabrizio,
Sorry about the intermittent connection to the Bose speaker via Airplay. From your account, it looks like you have a Soundtouch 20. Let’s confirm a few details:

• Can you reliably connect and send audio to the Soundtouch speaker through Airplay from your iPhone? That is, the AppleTV will sometimes connect and sometimes not – does the iPhone have the same issue?
  • How far is your Soundtouch from your router? If you can check the RSSI (see: Determining the received signal strength), what is the quality of the signal you are receiving with the Soundtouch 20?
  • Do you have any trouble with any other sources, such as Internet Radio or your Music Library?
  • If you can locate it, what is the model of your router?

These facts can help us establish the root of the Soundtouch’s intermittent failure to output audio from the TV.
Thank you for any information you can provide,