Alan_in_Colorad
Registered since

Aug 18, 2016

Soundtouch Icons Become Corrupted in Windows 10

After I boot up my computer, I can launch the Soundtouch application. But, if my Windows 10 computer runs for several hours, the icons for launching the application quit working. In fact, clicking on them freezes the computer, forcing me to do a hard shutdown. After the computer reboots, I am able to open the application.
No other program icon on the taskbar causes such freeze-ups. And, I have tried reinstalling the application and opening Soundtouch directly from the program folder. It still freezes up the machine if the application is launched after the computer has been running for a while.
Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Soundtouch Icons Become Corrupted in Windows 10

HI Alan,

This is behavior we haven't seen before and in order to learn more about this issue, we would like to gather more information and also have you send in your System and Application log files.
The SystemLogTool comes pre-installed with the SoundTouch application. This tool will help you create and collect log files from your with SoundTouch products and software. Please use the steps below to gather logs using the SystemLogTool:

1. Turn the computer on and Wait for the requesite amount of time such that a crash will occur when you open the program.
  2. Navigate to the Program folder where the SoundTouch Application has been installed. In windows this is C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch
  3. Run the “SystemLogTool” program in that folder
  4. When the application opens it will automatically list any SoundTouch system(s) found on the local network.  Select the system(s) on this list from which to collect logs.
  5. Select the “Run Then collect” method.
  6. A logging version of the SoundTouch app will open.
  7. Hopefull the crash you describe will occur and recreate the issue.
  8. Once the error has happened, restart the computer.
  9. A new .zip file should appear on the computer's desktop labeled “-SystemLogTool”
  10. You may now attach this .zip file to a new email  and send it to
  11. Please make sure that your Community username is located in the Subject line of the email so that we can match the logs up with your issue.
  12. In The email please also answer the following questions:
    1. What exact version of Windows 10 are you running? You can use the steps here to check : (http://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/)
      • Edition
      • Version
      • OS Build

2. If your computer was built and sold by a major manufacturer, please let us know what brand and model it is.

Thank you.