simon_goode
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Soundtouch Internet Radio

Hi - New on here.  I have a soundtouch 10 and 30, I've them a few years, no issues beyond the odd drop in wifi.  Everything was fine yesterday, even this morning but I've tried to use an internet radio preset this evening and it wont work on either device.  I can stream via bluetooth from my phone and iMac ok to both devices, tunein works on both devices, I and even group them.  I've rebooted my router and both devices, I've logged out of my soundtouch account, still nothing.  On the soundtouch 10 I get error 1029 via the app and on soundtouch 30 via the app I get 1036, on the 30 it shows the radio station and the stop symbol.

Everything did a firmware update last week but they have all been fine until this evening.  Nothing has changed so I'm a bit stuck.......

13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Re: Soundtouch Internet Radio

I am having the same issue with a Wave Soundtouch 4.  This morning early, worked fine.  This afternoon, system says that "service is unavialble."   Very odd problem. 

Steve

Idarram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2016

Same here, my 10, 20 and 300 wont play any internett radio. TuneIn works....... 

Are the speakers connected to a central service...that is out of service? 

Idar/Norway

Idarram
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2016

TuneIn replaces Internett radio.... Why no information in the App? 

This is an arrogant way of treating customers....

david@davidbushdesign.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Soundtouch Internet Radio  and presets don't work. I hate this system and can't access favorites through the provided stations.

Screw Bose and their lame product. Only aggravation with it.

Highlighted
Robojod Lounge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2017

OK - just figured out, you have to log in to TunedIn and then look for the names of the Internet Radio stations ... we found almost all of our favorites... and were able then to replace them on the Presets...

Better would've been an update of the App with clearer instructions, but all's well that ends well - and sounds great!

Robojod Lounge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Actually TunedIn seems to be great - offerering all sorts of services like free foreign language podcasts, episodes, internet radio stations ... just a shame that Bose isn't informing us better!

gtext
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

If this is what people have to do it's pretty poor implementation by BOSE. 

rpb99
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

I agree.   Tuned In also seems to take longer to find pre-set stations.  

janmaris
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hello,

the same problem here. Internet Radio does not work anymore. TuneIn works... but it takes minutes to load, and there is more than 15minute delay compared to FM broadcasting.

Can Bose please urgently restore the Internet Radio?

Jan (Belgium)