Highlighted
clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Internet Radio

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello All,

We are currently experiencing a service interruption with Internet Radio which may affect a preset on your SoundTouch device using this service. To use presets with your preferred radio station, you can use the TuneIn service available via the SoundTouch app.

Once we have more information, we will let the community know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

When is there likely to be news on this “interruption”, please? Hours? Days? Weeks? Because I am one of many who can’t get what is wanted via TuneIn. I want the access to Internet Radio I had before the “improvement” you provided yesterday.

Bose hardware - amazing.

Bose software - also amazing, but for the exact opposite reason. Can’t understand how a company of Bose’s experience can get the software side so wrong for so long, and with such consistency.

Scottomatic
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

TuneIn streams are also of inferior quality to what is publically available over the internet. 

Hello All,

Thank you for all the posts.

We will have updates available at THIS post when we have more information.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

SimonHP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2016

This might be a solution if the radio stations that we listen to are available on TuneIn.

They are not, therefore it is only a solution for those who have access to the stations they want to listen to.

For the rest of us that cannot any more get the stations we listen to, this is not a solution.

Perhaps the best solution is to replace the Bose SoundTouch with a Sonos. Sonos also uses Tunein but has the following instructions:

Station not listed
Sonos supports MP3, AAC and WMA streaming audio formats for radio stations. If the station not listed in Sonos is in one of these formats, and you know the station’s streaming URL, you can manually add it to Sonos.

Come on Bose, you are just being annoying and this is losing you customer support, and this will lose future sales.

leonbrug
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Tunein is NOT the solution, from the 6 presets only one was in tunein. The rest I have now lost. I bought BOSE because I could listen to my favorite internet radio stations but no more.

When will this be available again?

E.g. station "one hundread locks"