johnnyirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Soundtouch Internet Radio

Bose AV35 Soundtouch internet radio not working since update in November 2018. Bose asked to update my system 2 days ago (17th November 2018) since when my "internet radio" does not work. My Cable TV and Apple TV work perfectly but not the internet radio. I powered the sytem off and unplugged the system and restarted but again no internet radio. I have 2 identical Bose AV35 sytems with the same no "internet radio" problem. What is the solution? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iSchorsch
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Internet Radio

Author Accepted Answer selected by johnnyirish

The solution is to switch to TuneIn Internet Radio.

It can be found within your SoundTouch app. 

From my personal experience, the service is very reliable, stable and with good quality. 

I also found all my desired local radio stations.

14 REPLIES 14
iSchorsch
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by johnnyirish

The solution is to switch to TuneIn Internet Radio.

It can be found within your SoundTouch app. 

From my personal experience, the service is very reliable, stable and with good quality. 

I also found all my desired local radio stations.

CptDobey
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

This is not a complete solution because TuneIn does not contain all the stations you have in Internet Radio.

Out of my 6 favorites, only 2 are available in TuneIn. The missing ones are not some unknow local stations. They are all from the National Belgian Radio. The same issue is existing in Germany too.

NCW Boyd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I quite agree, we bought full Internet radio, and now it will not work on my Soundtouch 10 either.

Tunein does not support all of the stations which I want.

Bose should FULLY test their updates before releasing them.

If we had wanted a run of the mill product there are plenty available.

We thought that we had bought a quality product... Bose constantly seeks to project this via their advertising, yet seem content to shoot themselves in the foot by dead-heading good pieces of kit through duff updates.

Come on Bose, wake up, please.

Hello All,

We are currently experiencing a service interruption with Internet Radio which may affect a preset on your SoundTouch device using this service. To use presets with your preferred radio station, you can use the TuneIn service available via the SoundTouch app.

Once we have more information, we will let the community know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Dabekaussen
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 31, 2016

You make formule 1 cars run, but are not able to prepare a change over like this. 

johnnyirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you so much. Problem solved by moving to Tuned in and the Bose system is working okay again on one of the systems but now I am having difficulty with the second one in that it now does not appear on the app on my ipad My quest continues!

johnnyirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you so much. Problem solved by moving to Tuned in and the Bose system is working okay again on one of the systems but now I am having difficulty with the second one in that it now does not appear on the app on my ipad My quest continues!

johnnyirish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I quite agree. As a novice It user surely there should have been notification that the "internet radio" was ceasing and how to migrate to the app on my iphone/ipad. I spent a day sorting this out and now happy with Bose. Thanks for your help

ranec106
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

Hola, ahora hay estaciones de radio que no funcionan con TuneIn integrado en Bose, sin embargo si funcionan correctamente correctamente en la app TuneIn nativa. Me pasa al menos con tres emisoras de radio y aunque podría oirlas por Bluetooth no es operativo ni es la misma calidad de sonido. Por favor arreglenlo