Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Soundtouch Mac app provided on 19th Nov, crashes when trying to Install the update

On My Macbook Air 2017 (High Sierra, 10.13.6, 2018 005 update), the newly provided Soundtouch app update does not install, sequence of events as below.

Start existing Soundtouch app, and App Update Required is shown, select Update app.

Downloading occurs, Installing starts, when promoted to make changes enter your account password and the updater immediately closes.

To use the existing Soundtouch app select cancel at the prompt where the Mac says Soundtouch app wants to make changes, ignore the oh oh message and continue as normal.

Both my Soundtouch 20 and Soundtouch 300 applied their updates with the IOS app with minor issues:

Soundtouch 300 flashed 2 orange lights after the update until the remote was pressed at which point it could be found and controlled normally.

Soundtouch IOS app prompts for Spotify account details which were previously saved.

Update (21st Nov)

Downloading the Soundtouch app directly from the Support downloads section for a Soundtouch product and running the installer without attempting to remove the application has been confirmed to work, Just remember to stop the Soundtouch Music Server on the Mac first before to run the Installer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Mac app provided on 19th Nov, crashes when trying to Install the update

Author Accepted Answer selected by David Moore

Hello David,

Thanks for posting. 

Can you try uninstalling the SoundTouch app completely from your Mac computer and do a fresh install and let me know if that helps?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Mac app provided on 19th Nov, crashes when trying to Install the update

Author Accepted Answer selected by David Moore

Hello David,

Thanks for posting. 

Can you try uninstalling the SoundTouch app completely from your Mac computer and do a fresh install and let me know if that helps?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

I'm having the same issue.

After updating my Bose Sound Touch 30 on 19 Nov 18 my app on my Mac Book Pro could not be updated. The app appears not to be in the app store for Mac Book Pro. The update was successful on my iPhone and two different iPod. I would like to get some feedback on how to correct this issue. Point of Contact  dwedlock@ec.rr.com

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I also had issues on my macbook pro. What I did was uninstall the app and reinstall with a new copy. that worked fine for me. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi dwedlock,

Could you try and uninstall the current version of the app, and then install a fresh copy from the link HERE instead of the app store?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

After uninstalling and downloading the app it would not open. Said to choose app to open document. I don't know what to do.   

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi dwedlock,

Thanks for the update.  When you downloaded the file from the website, did you make sure to select download for Mac?  The file should have ended with a .dmg extension which should work for the Mac Book.  

You may need to open the privacy and security settings of the computer to enable install of third party applications.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Got it. It installed and is working.  Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

I will try the given suggestion.

As I reminder, the Mac Soundtouch app was never un the Mac app store, so you download ir directly from the Bose site, check the support pages for the Soundtouch for the link in question and I will do likewise.

if this does not work, it will try to restore it badk fron my Time Capsule so I suggest you make sure you have a Time Machine backup completed first 

in case you wondered disabling Anti Virus/Firewall did not affect this issue but you may need to all Firewall exceptions for Soundtouch after it is reinstalled (if you non Apple firewall)..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

I am having exactly the same issue as other Mac owners. Will try the recommended uninstall/reinstall. Also an issue when tried to do on my iPhone instead to access system.

Not great pre-testing of new update functionality if it's not working for Apple product users - don't forget, there are a lot of us. Gets a thumbs down from me so far.