KPS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: Soundtouch Mac app provided on 19th Nov, crashes when trying to Install the update

Tony A - just tried the suggested uninstall and reinstall and used your link to get the app for Mac. All worked fine. Thanks so much for providing this convenient link.

Bose Community and moderators do great job. Unlike whoever designed and pre-tested the latest update and missed capturing issues with Apple products.

thanks again Tony

Kate

Highlighted
GEORGzer
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Mac app provided on 19th Nov, crashes when trying to Install the update

App updates on the Mac haven't been going well for a while now with the app crashing or being stuck in a reboot loop while trying to update. Best way is now always to delete it and do a fresh install.

The iOS in-app-updates cause less problems, but sometimes the devices' order gets shuffled and you have to remove all speakers and readd them to get this in order.

Well, it is what it is. 

Bose does a good job hardware-wise, on software not so much.

uom
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I also have to thank the community and the modeartors. The reinstall helped. Still, bad testing! 

But what the heck is going on with Bose? Ever since I bought my SoundTouch 10 all software updated appear half-assed if I may say so. Eating more than you can chew? 

I really lost hope it will get better any time soon. I love my speaker, but not if it's functionality get's crippled over time. With the latest update I constantly have bluetooth problems. 

Cheers everyone!

KPS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Am in complete agreement. Really good sound system but pretty poor technology. Thanks for Bose Community members like you

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the updates.

I'm glad to hear everything is working now with the software and I do apologize about the experience with this. 

We've passed this along to development about the update issue.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

You do not need to uninstall but if you reinstall without unibstall you may found you end up with 2 or more sets of Bose entries listed in the startup items tab of the user accounts and everything will continue to work as long as you remember to run the install manually,each time the app says there is an update seems this a fault with the software updater itself which needs an update and probably relates to recent security updates to MacOS that may have broken it.

LaCataTequila
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 3, 2017

I am having this issue as well...it is urgent because we use the SoundTouch speakers for service in our bar. We have no music for opening tomorrow!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on two different Macs (both with current system software). 

When I choose "update app," I get to 100% download, enter my admin passord, and the application crashes. If I choose to update later, the application stays stuck in "checking for updates.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you. 

Community Manager

Hi LaCataTequila,

Thanks for writing in!

If there's a SoundTouch folder in your applications on the Mac, there should be an uninstall file in there.  If you run this, it should clear out all the SoundTouch files.  From here, if you navigate to our SoundTouch download site HERE, it should download the newest version without the need to update.  If the issue is still present, can we try and reboot the router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Ad Ham
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

I'm doing the reinstall for the 4th time after finding the Soundtouch folder and uninstalling, deleting the app was not enough.  Fingers crossed, I'm considering putting them on the verge!  Love the sound, hate, HATE the software...On-going issues with soundtouch10, such a let down.  

Hi Ad Ham,

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're having with the SoundTouch App.

What exactly is happening?  Could you describe the symptoms you're experiencing so we can better assist?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support