grloop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Soundtouch - OS System

Soundtouch App states that my computer is running a OS 5 system and it says I need to update computer but I am running Windows 10 so I dont know what I need to up date. Computer or Soundtouch app? Where would I find the proper update files on either system  Running  HP PC.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Re: Soundtouch - OS System

Hello @grloop

Here is a link, to the manual download mode.

You will need your PC/laptop connected with Bluetooth to the st 300.

Just follow the instructions it's pretty easy.

Now the BIG BUTS!

1.) the link is in German, you might need to change the language to get it in English 😉

2.) I don't know if the file witch is linked in my link (cruel grammar and expression), is the new firmware. You will have to try it out. Cause while flashing manually it will tell you which firmware you're currently using and the version of the new one (if I remember it right).

So here is the link:
https://www.bose.de/de_de/support/article/updating-soundtouch-300.html
grloop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Thank you I will try this. Will it work the same on the Soundtouch 20? That is the system I have.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi grloop,

Thank you for your post. And, thank you @Fasciana for your assistance!

That is certainly a strange issue. Is it possible that you may have downloaded and attempted to install the Mac version? If it is any easier, here is the English link. Please try downloading the SoundTouch app from here (Windows), and let us know if you run into the same issue. 

Best regards, 

Brian