terho_
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2015

Soundtouch Portable stopped playing Deezer

I have been succesfully using my Deezer account to play through Bose Soundtouch Portable.

Today suddenly Soundtouch stopped playing Deezer. It just skips the songs and then says "Valitse esiasetus tai etsi musiikkia SoundTouch-sovelluksella" (translates like "select preset or search for music using SoundTousch application").

SoundTouch is having internet connection as it can play direct radio stations without any problem. Also I can stream music from a local device to SoundTouch.
I tried to remove the Deezer account from SoundTouch as well as removing "BoseAppID" from Deezer's My apps. But these did not solve the issue.
It seems like Bose is not able to get the stream from Deezer and then skips to next song. Then it tries once again and after that returns to asking "Select a preset....". It also has a connection to Deezer and my account there as it clearly finds my playlists and can show the names of the songs it tries to play. But the actual streaming from Deezer to Soundtouch is failing

Any idea what I could try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
terho_
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2015

Re: Soundtouch Portable stopped playing Deezer

Author Accepted Answer selected by terho_

Today morning the Bose Soundtouch started playing Deezer again Smiley Happy

Seems like Bose has solved the issue.

30 REPLIES 30
Caz***
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

This has also happened to me this morning... I've been desperately searching these pages for a fix or solution.
Anybody?
terho_
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2015

Thanks for replying. As you are having the same problem this makes it very probable that the problem is with Bose's access to get Deezer streams. Not our local devices or their settings...

Highlighted
My-udio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

Ok, so I am not alone having such issues today:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Deezer-skips-all-song-until-150-songs-limitation-i...

I can confirm it is a Bose Devices / App Streaming issue for Deezer only as playing Deezer via App on Apple TV works without an issue and Amazon Prime on Soundtouch also works.

Gareth Styles
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Thank God it’s not just me spent the last hour and a half rebooting my system removing and replacing Deezer account in app. As you say Spotify works in the Bose app, and Deezer works on its own through the phone but won’t connect through sound link, there was an update last night with Bose maybe it’s a downgrade not an upgrade
ben wilkes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

I have the exact same issue.

Can play radio stations
Can't play Deezer through app as songs keep skipping - on albums and playlists
Even if a preset is pressed on the device, if this is a Deezer album, it doesn't play.

Very frustrating.
My-udio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

Yes, looks like it is somehow connected to the App update to version 18.1.4

Lorri
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Same here, found this thread while searching for a solution

A thread has been started on Deezer support site too, so it's widespread

Sparky2104
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

I have the same issue, skips tacks & then disconnects. I’ve read on another thread that the issue is resolved but I can guarantee it isn’t. Same issue on my SoundTouch 10 & 20
Aurelie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Same issue on Soundtouch 30 in france.
Deezer not working at all despite hard or soft reset, deezer reinstall, WiFi or Ethernet.
Radio is working well.