Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Soundtouch SA-4 controller pairing problem

Hi there, I just bought a brand new old stock SA-4 for my pool area, I bought this instead the newer SA-5 because can be controlled by the Hokey Puck, this feature is more important for me because you can controll the system without the use of an iphone.

the problem is in the new soundtouch app there is no way as showhe in the manual to connect the controller to the system, are anybody aware about a different way to do it?

Grazie, Fabio.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Re: Soundtouch SA-4 controller pairing problem

I still have the option. Click on the speaker, then the gear icon. At the bottom I have the options: “Connect to a WiFi network”, “Connect Soundtouch Controller”, and “Remove Speaker”.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I have only connect to a wifi and remove speaker

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Is your SA-4 running 19.0.5 and Soundtouch App: Interface Version 19.1.6, Protocol 60, App 18.1.4. 

118C4DD3-EBE8-4E08-ACC5-58A974E229A6.png

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

19.0.5 for the speaker and 18.1.5  android and 18.1.4 ios

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

pc version 18.1.4, could be a defective controller? I already resetted it by removing one battery and putting it back while the display is pressed......

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

I would probably remove the system or do a System Reset.  The initial remote pairing should occur when you first add the system to your network and Soundtouch account. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I already did it 10 times!!! with pc and micro USB cable, with an iPhone and with an android, no option

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Just spoke with Bose Support, seems the eBay seller messed up the system, is brand new but the wireless receiver is Version II and is not compatible with the Controller, that's why I don't have the controller option in my speaker settings, does it make sense?