Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnyN
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2017

Soundtouch Soundlink integration

Hi Bose,

Since I am forced to use Bluetooth for Apple Music, I am wondering if there are plans to integrate soundtouch and soundlink. It would be nice to have have a Revolve speaker on the deck where I don't have power for a soundtouch speaker. This way we can have the same music playing in the house so we never miss a beat. I think if this could be done you would own the market, and it would make up for the lack of Apple Music support.

32 REPLIES 32
TimDonovan
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Soundlink integration

This is not possible, as there is no way with the technology in the Soundlink speakers to link it to Soundtouch. The way Soundtouch broadcasts to all speakers is over Wifi. 

What you can do, is buy a dual bluetooth audio transmitter (e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/MEE-audio-AF-T1-BK-MEE-Meelectronics-Connect-Univers...). This will then connecto to TWO bluetooth devices at once (i.e. Soundlink (as long as you have the newer ones that support bluetooth...) and Soundtouch) and send audio to both.

However, its likely the audio will not be in sync, as it is Soundtouch software magic that handles that.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi JohnnyN, 

Welcome to the community! I'm not aware of this being on the road map but it is indeed a great idea. I will pass this on to our development team. 

Thank you

TableRocked
Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2016

Agree 100%

I'd like an outdoor SoundTouch system too.  I know that one can get the SA-5 and hook in the 151SE speakers or the 251's, but I'd like to have something more simple, an all in one unit.

Ideally, an outdoor version of the ST30, ideally an ST60 (3dB more than my ST30 in sound presence and volume), speakerphone capability, siri and google voice, water resistant, comes with an inductive charger, and UV resistant.

Bose, you can utilize your Free Space 51 (Maybe call them ST51's) form factor, use aluminum instead of green plastic (anodized green as an option), rubber buttons on the top like the ST10/20/30, use the handle from the newly released Revolve+, include a water proof floating RF remote, lithium ion 18 hours of power, option to plug into electricity (built in GFI) to charge and/or play, wifi (do your homework on the best RF chipset you can get), bluetooth, speaker pairing, price point around $699 a pair or $399 separately each.

Pedro F
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Totally agree.  There's no elegant solution for a wireless speaker for a deck to play the same music playing from my soundtouch inside the house.  If Bose develops a Revolve form factor speaker with wifi it would be great. 

Michaelacy
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

REALLY? - You guys are SUPER clever, can't believe that you haven't considered integrating ST and SL. As the other contributers have mentioned the idea of filling the entire house plus deck + garden etc with synched sound is SO appealing - your new portables are great and the ONLY reason i'm not going out this morning to buy a Revolve + is that it'd wouldn't work with the rest of my ST system when i'm at home - with the flexibility of taking it to the beach. Hope the dev team see the HUGE opportunity and that the portables can very soon have dual ST/SL capability... Let me know and i'll buy one (or two!)

kamilgy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 11, 2017

Bose, did you make any further steps to realize connection betweek SoundTouch and SoundLInk? Both systems has Bluetooth so mayby modification in software can help? The topic was underline 4 months ago, so can you inform us about progress? I hope the clients are importatnt and you are listening them 🙂

We looking forward to hearing from you! Greetings, Kamil.  

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi kamilgy, 

Thanks for checking in on this. Currently there isn't a new update. Having the ability to link SoundTouch and SoundLink products would indeed be great! If any new information becomes available, we will certainly share it. 

Kind Regards

pruscoe
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Both have Bluetooth. I can sync my 2 Beats Pills together to play either the same or in stereo so I can’t imagine why you can’t resolve this. I like many others would like my revolve out by the pool playing the same music that is playing in the house. I would think I would imagine I would need to play the music via the Bluetooth connection on the sound touch but that would be a minor inconvenience

kamilgy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 11, 2017

One remark... Why the topick is marked as solved? In my opinion at this moment we are far from "solved".