leumig
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Soundtouch - Stop play all except on first device

Scenario: Say I have 3 devices.

I start listening to Spotify on device 1 and decide to play to all speakers. Right now you can only de-select device 2 and 3 from the "play all". What if I wanted to just continue playing on device 2 and 3. It seems I can't do this.

FYI my real world scenario is if I start playing music on my ST300 and do a play all. Maybe I only want to continue listening to music on my other devices so that I can watch TV. I have to stop play back first. Then select a new speaker to start a "play all" on.

It seems you have to plan ahead where you need to start playing music from first

4 REPLIES 4
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch - Stop play all except on first device

Hello leumig,

Thank you for posting. Has play all been working in the past without issues? What are the signal strengths of your systems(Go to "settings" and "about" screen and choose each system to find signal strengths)? We suggest to use the system with the strongest signal strength or ethernetted system to initiate "Play All" from.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel

leumig
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hi Joel

I don't think you understood my question. I don't have an issue using play all

My question is, is there a quick way to continue listening to all devices that are on Play All except for the one that started the original stream.

For example, I first start listening on ST300 and then do Play all to other ST devices.

I decide I want to continue listening on all devices EXCEPT the ST300 so that I can watch TV.

Is this possible? Right now I can only unselect the other speakers. I can't "transfer" the stream to continue somewhere else
CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi leumig,

Your post title is a bit missleading, you want to play all but not the first device.

Anyway, as the first device in the group is the master, your scenario is not posible. You have to ungroup and regroup again. 

Maybe a Bose mod can add that as a feature request to the developers, but I don't know if this is possible from a technical side. 

Regards,

Central

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi leumig,

CentralBK is correct, this is not possible at this time.

I will escalate this up to engineering to see if they can add this feature.  If it does become available, we will inform the Community with a sticky post.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support