Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

Soundtouch Updates Query

Hi Folks.

I've recently purchased my first Bose Soundtouch 30 speaker (and it's fantastic!). In fact I was so impressed, I bought a Soundtouch 10 for the kitchen.  Now...please forgive the stupid question, but will these speakers update automatically via WiFi when new firmware is available?  I'm very keen to get the latest update to see how Alexa integrates (even if I have to change the language to English US!).

Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Updates Query

Author Accepted Answer selected by gezzs

Hi gezzs, 

Thank you for your inquiry. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your new SoundTouch systems! Yes, you will be prompted by the SoundTouch app when updates are available. The update will not begin unless you open the SoundTouch app.

Our latest release roll-out should be complete by the end of the day today. So, you can expect to receive the latest update today! Please be aware that the new Alexa skill is currently only available in the US. 

More details on the latest SoundTouch Ecosystem update can be found here

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Updates Query

Author Accepted Answer selected by gezzs

Hi gezzs, 

Thank you for your inquiry. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your new SoundTouch systems! Yes, you will be prompted by the SoundTouch app when updates are available. The update will not begin unless you open the SoundTouch app.

Our latest release roll-out should be complete by the end of the day today. So, you can expect to receive the latest update today! Please be aware that the new Alexa skill is currently only available in the US. 

More details on the latest SoundTouch Ecosystem update can be found here

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post